Sign in to follow this  
virescopty

A simple Blower question!!

Some months before my corrado went into a one year coma, the blower would only work on 4 and then decided that it had had enough and would not work at all. No problem says I, i would fit a replacement blower.

Only one problem - how do your actually get to the blower?

Does this job require removing the entire dash?

Can i get to it through the glove box space? Do I have to remove all of the passenger side shelving?

Some one please tell me the easiest way of replacing the blower.

Cheers.

remove passenger dash undertray, various screws

find the tab on the side of the lower housing of the motor, you need to lift this slightly to allow the motor to twist and drop out

very easy when you've done it once :)

It's probably only a thermal fuse thats blown on the side of the blower. Do a search and you'll find a guide. It will probably cost about £1 rather than £40ish for a blower motor.

Or it could be the contacts on the blower switch itself. This happpened on my car, I replaced the fuse and nothing changed and I was very confused. It wasn't till i started messing around with the switch that i noticed it was the contacts that weren't connecting. I just bent the contact till they worked on all settings..... job done!

Thanks that doesnt seem too demanding - i have posted the same question again this morning please dont reply to it as i was just being a numpty! - Thanks for the replies.