Sign in to follow this  
tonedef

New Toy

This arrived in the post yesterday from Germany, can't wait til I get home next weekend now to get it fitted 8)

Nice one, your VR is about to become even more enjoyable to drive..

Can't wait Goldie, just hope I can squeeze it in past the rad as mine sits a whole lot further back than standard due to the huge climatronic condensor I had to get in there last winter, I can see it being something of a challenge! Reminds me that just a year ago the Corrado was abandoned in my garage with plans of selling up and now I'm on the look out for grey recaros, planning an HID conversion and maybe 268s too. It's a bit like when I bought my first valver 12 years ago :lol:

nice one, just waiting to be able to pick mine up too! :D not sure i'll be able to wait as long as i planned to get it fitted!

Nice one, your VR is about to become even more enjoyable to drive..

Can't wait Goldie, just hope I can squeeze it in past the rad as mine sits a whole lot further back than standard due to the huge climatronic condensor I had to get in there last winter, I can see it being something of a challenge! Reminds me that just a year ago the Corrado was abandoned in my garage with plans of selling up and now I'm on the look out for grey recaros, planning an HID conversion and maybe 268s too. It's a bit like when I bought my first valver 12 years ago :lol:

Your condensor must be mahoosive, the one on my aircon is mounted in the same place as your but the rad still sits in its original position.

To give you an idea of clearance the plastic panel that is mounted on the slam panel (with the warning stickers on) is a midgees willy away from the far right tube on the manifold..

Itll be a lot easier to fit if you remove the front end as some of the bolts are a bit tricky to get to to say the least..

Get the 268s in, they are great and im not even feeling the full benefit from them yet as it hasnt been remapped...

Your condensor must be mahoosive, the one on my aircon is mounted in the same place as your but the rad still sits in its original position.

To give you an idea of clearance the plastic panel that is mounted on the slam panel (with the warning stickers on) is a midgees willy away from the far right tube on the manifold..

Itll be a lot easier to fit if you remove the front end as some of the bolts are a bit tricky to get to to say the least..

Get the 268s in, they are great and im not even feeling the full benefit from them yet as it hasnt been remapped...

I was looking for a photo on my pc of the condensor/rad install but don't seem to have one. To get it to fit I had to carve lumps out of the front panel by the driver's side headlight and through the top of the slam panel and plastic panel for one of the pipe fittings. Also the driver's side fixing brakets top and bottom of the rad are moved back by approx 40mm. The condensor was originally in a Passat so they must have more room to play with under there. That said the plastic panel is still in the right place, albeit a bit modified so I might be OK.

Fitting that is a good day's work, still needs a bit of tidying up but I'm hungry! Drives well though 8)

Fitting that is a good day's work, still needs a bit of tidying up but I'm hungry! Drives well though 8)

Good work Tony, whered you end up taking the supplies from?? Was it a squeeze to get in??

Good work Tony, whered you end up taking the supplies from?? Was it a squeeze to get in??

I took the supplies for the controller from the ECU in the end, pins 22 and 23 after reading a post from cheesewire on fitting a schrick. The vacuum was easy as I already have a tank for the climatronic so I just robbed the connection to that, need to get a T piece for it later as the a/c only blows on the screen at the minute!

It was a major squeeze to get in though. As you suggested the front panel had to come out to get at some of the bolts, I managed to get the rad/condensor assembly a bit further forwards on the driver's side (maybe 10mm) but then had to mod one of the condensor brackets to get the headlight back in. I also packed the driver's side fan away from the fan bracket by 5mm to stop it rubbing on the schrick, it's about 2mm clear of the rad now though! Last job of course I had to grind a lump out of the bonnet rib for clearance.

I took the supplies for the controller from the ECU in the end, pins 22 and 23 after reading a post from cheesewire on fitting a schrick. The vacuum was easy as I already have a tank for the climatronic so I just robbed the connection to that, need to get a T piece for it later as the a/c only blows on the screen at the minute!

It was a major squeeze to get in though. As you suggested the front panel had to come out to get at some of the bolts, I managed to get the rad/condensor assembly a bit further forwards on the driver's side (maybe 10mm) but then had to mod one of the condensor brackets to get the headlight back in. I also packed the driver's side fan away from the fan bracket by 5mm to stop it rubbing on the schrick, it's about 2mm clear of the rad now though! Last job of course I had to grind a lump out of the bonnet rib for clearance.

I havent done my bonnet yet, the manifold has made its own little space in the bonnet rib and once i have the VT mount on im gonna repaint the bit it has being touching and then sorted...

Have you already got a VT mount on yours?

Have you already got a VT mount on yours?

Yes, I fitted one when I did the climatronic as it was already getting close in there!