Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Lecky window switch question.

Now, been a bit of a lazy arse i can just about manage to briefly press the switch once for the window to come down, but when i want to close it again i have to keep me finger on it until it's all the way up.

During this time my finger could have been employed doing much more interesting things like picking the nose or waving at other motorists.

Is it possible to make the switch one touch for both up and down movements of the window?

My Mk3 Goof use to do it, can i swap bits off that to make it work?

drivers side is one touch up and down ,passenger side is one touch down but press and hold up ,think all years of corrado are like this (but not sure ) controled by a box behind the rear drivers side door card ,don't think you can change how it works

Rob

I beg to differ Carpy. On my 94 VR i have to keep the switch pressed to close the widow. I press it once for it to open.

This is on the drivers side window.

I beg to differ Carpy. On my 94 VR i have to keep the switch pressed to close the widow. I press it once for it to open.

This is on the drivers side window.

Mine too. My other car does one touch up and down, but I'm sure the rado is one touch down only.

Think they are all one touch down, and drivers side one touch up on some cars... I'll check in the morning.

I would imagine that it's a relay that controls this...

A mk3 relay might be a possible swap.

my rado vr6 is one touch down but have to keep pressed on both to rasie and its one at a time???!!!

Think they are all one touch down, and drivers side one touch up on some cars... I'll check in the morning.

Just seen your avatar, are we related?

You both seem to be in fancy dress too. What are the chances of a toad and a badger both dressing up as pandas! :)

You both seem to be in fancy dress too. What are the chances of a toad and a badger both dressing up as pandas! :)

dunno but hope one is male and one is female!!!!

looks like later cars are only one touch down both sides then :) but my 91 valver is one touch up on the drivers side only and on checking the owners manual thats how it should be ,would think its the control box not the relay that makes this happen this way maybe left hand drive cars work opposite so you could use two control boxes one for each side using the one touch up circuit

Rob