Sign in to follow this  
juzza

toad ai606

my toad ai606 doesnt lock you in when you start engine but shuts sunroof about an inch? 93 2.0 16v

my toad ai606 doesnt lock you in when you start engine but shuts sunroof about an inch? 93 2.0 16v

mine dosent lock me in when i start either, and i usually keep the sunroof closed anyway :D

did it used to? Has anything changed?

Auto locking on ignition is a selectable option on these alarms - but having said that, if the roof is closing that would indicate that the car is receiving a 'lock' signal from the alarm.

Strange one..... but as is the problem I'm having with my auto-closure sunroof.

hi thanks i have all the instructions for it , no its always done it since i fitted it, its somthing to do with car itself, my my fuse blew once for my sunroof and it locked the doors but when i replace it closes roof an inch instead of doors, and if my roofs already shut it clicks roof, other than that it works fine full closure :? if any one could help id be very greatfull thank you

hi just had a thought i wired it with the total closure wire, do you think i need to wire cl wires on alarm to cl on car as well?

No.

Lock signal (+ve) when held signals sunroof and doors to lock in sequence.

Usually the problem with corrados is that the alarms lock signal is not long enough for the corrado to get the roof and windows shut before the signal expires. Hence usually only partially shutting the last window.

Doors lock at the same time as the first window as I recall.

Sounds like you have something else wrong.

There should not be any need to wire in anything else.

If as you say, your alarm's CL output is not being used - then what output is being used to drive the car's closure system?

hooooold on.

just had a thought.

If the roof is closing a bit - then that sounds like the closure system is working (albeit with short pulses).

Next job is to get in the boot and hit the lock button. Do you hear the pneumatic CL pump firing (a sort of pnyeuh sound)?

If you do - most likely scenario is a leak in the plumbing to the lock plunger - one of the connections loose. (could be anywhere though between pump and either door / boot plunger)

If no pump activation noise then we're back to an electrical fault but I'd put money on a vacuum leak.......

hi there it all works fine full closure is fine, it seems to be trying total closure instead of locking doors for anti hijack?

hi there it all works fine full closure is fine, it seems to be trying total closure instead of locking doors for anti hijack?

i seem to remember tha the guy who fitted mine said that to get full closure i had to sacrafice the doors locking thing when you start the engine.....dosent mean he's right but he seemed to know his stuff