Sign in to follow this  
max

seeking advice on 1.8 and 2.0 corrados

i am in need of some advice. i am after a corrado with a budget of around £1500 so i am looking at a 1.8 or 2.0 16v. can anybody tell me which is the fastest, best, most reliable, etc. i have been told the 2.0 is an audi engine, is this true, and are the 2.0 and 1.8 both fuel injected. P.S. i currently own a 8v mk2 gti golf, will either of these two corrados be any quicker. THANKS

they're much and such the same power output and are both injected(all Corrado's are btw) performance-wise I think the 1.8 KR has the edge............down to the fact the 2.0(is an Audi engine)is strangled a bit with its cat.........tho the bulk of the 2.0 16v's do have the better more modern interior,all 1.8's will have the early interior.............they should be slightly better performance than your mk2 GTI but not massively so(the Corrado weighs a bit more)

Power is almost identical (check the wiki for more info) but for some reason insurance companies see fit to put the insurance group up by 2 for the 2.0! looks wise the 2.0 is better (IMHO) as its got all the later 'face lift' bits (bigger arches, bulge bonnet, etc). As for reliability.......well its a corrado so that can be a bit touch and go, so long as you can keep on top of the mechanical stuff you'll be fine! oh and bother are injected engines.