Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Checking Aircon refridgerant

i see that halfords will check the level for free, now for these monkeys to be able to do it then so must i?

anyone know how you check? i notice you can also buy what looks like a "refill your aircon at home" type kits?

IIRC its hooked up to a machine which then empties it and weighs it...........if there is a massive discrepency then you normally have a leak somewhere,there's natural wastage too so thats taken into account

I thought about buying the DIY kit yesterday when I was in Halfrauds as I just bought my daughter a Ka that seems to have very weak aircon but then figured if I spent the £30 or so on the stuff and it didn't work as it needed to be vacced down I may as well have visited the local a/c man. I've spent a bit of money there in the past with a new compresor/regas for the S3 and then a gas job on the Corrado climatronic install so I'm sure he owes me a free check on the Ka!

That said, if anyone has any good experience of the Halfrauds kit I'm willing to listen. :)