Sign in to follow this  
peanut

what the hell? bye bye local meets?

That law is as daft as...

I suppose just because its law,doesnt mean the coppers will necessarily arrest you on the spot. They may move you on, albeit the meet may just move to another location. Or they could see it as no one is causing trouble or a nuisance so let them be. At least lets hope.

To put it in perspective- The 24 year old lad who raped a 14 year old girl in a park recently, got 2 years and will be out in months. Yet for meeting, having a chat and generally having a good time without causing trouble, you'll get the same jail term sentence.

Its B0ll0cks! This country is getting worse.

driving in convoy, or racing

So they going to give the same treatment to bloody lorry drivers then?

Think you're all reading far too much into this!

There's loads, and I mean loads, of laws that aren't religiously enforced, but are there for 'when needs must'.

It's just so that when 6 Novas start laying rubber in car parks, the Police can actually do something serious.

Having chatted with coppers who come to organised meets, they have nothing against sensible people getting together. In fact if they're in Traffic, they're normally more interested in the cars and there to ensure people have a good, safe, time.

The police force is still filled with human beings. They're not quite all been replaced with Robocop just yet...

I suppose just because its law,doesnt mean the coppers will necessarily arrest you on the spot. They may move you on, albeit the meet may just move to another location.

you/ve hit the nail on the head there... they're just gonna move us on from car parks, now this is just theory but Jon you mentioned those rave laws, they can use it to pull us all over and inspect the vehicles, the police can find something they believe to be illegal on a brand new car so i think we/re shafted! :(

But the police have got to find said evil meet and quite frankly if we're all behaving meeting in places where the owners approve hows the police gonna find out, are they going to scoure the forums? i'm sure there are some corrado owners, probably on here who are also policmen but they arent going to inform they're colleagues are they. its those high profile events like Ace cafe (the kicking the poop out of a guy kind help screw that up!) that'll suffer as said above.

My local police station has signs up appologising for the poor quality or service due to lack of staff... cant see them wasting more staff stopping people driving along the street... as long as we're not breaking normal road laws... say trying to find out what a VR sounds like in a tunnel at full chat :oops: lol

so they are saying that when im driving to edition 38 show for example and see a few other guys en route, we could get banged up for conveying :D quality

so they are saying that when im driving to edition 38 show for example and see a few other guys en route, we could get banged up for conveying :D quality

or if we're qued out the gates like usually happes at E38 or the pod we're law breaking, they're not gonna enforce it really!

But the police have got to find said evil meet and quite frankly if we're all behaving meeting in places where the owners approve hows the police gonna find out, are they going to scoure the forums? i'm sure there are some corrado owners, probably on here who are also policmen but they arent going to inform they're colleagues are they. its those high profile events like Ace cafe (the kicking the poop out of a guy kind help screw that up!) that'll suffer as said above.

tbh i think coppers do scoure the forums for anyone admitting things they shouldnt on a forum. Look at the thread that was posted on this forum regarding another forum, where the lad had admitted speeding and not wearing a seat belt when he wrote off his skyline. He ended up getting questioned by the cops- so the forum said and going by the news clips on there.

Not suggesting for one minute police men/women on here would go informing of meets, not a chance. As Andi said, there are still human beings in the police force, however we all must have been pulled by "Mr n0b head" policeman at some point, its down to the individual copper what he/she would do, if they turned up at a meet.

In 6-7 years of driving ive been pulled over 3 times, twice just because it was late at night and i stuck out like a sore thumb (spot checks). But the guy/s were cool, everything was in order, had a quick chat with them and off i went. The point im trying to make is their not all a*seholes and are simply doing their jobs, not power crazed gimps who will try get you for anything they can, possibly driven by damn targets.

AND if we were queuing to get into an event, it would not only be pathetic of them to arrest us, but a complete waste of police time and resources for them to do so.