Sign in to follow this  
Benny16v

Fuel Pressure???

Sorry guys didn't really want to start a new thread,

i've heard a few stories about 3.5 bar fuel pressure reg's on g60's, is there any gains by upping the fuel pressure on a 9a?

i've been advised of a KR inlet cam, obviously this gives more valve lift so more fuel can get in the chamber, will an uprated fuel pump and reg help?

Cheers guys

The standard fuel pump on the valver is capable of pushing far more fuel into the engine than it actually requires - I think I read that it can supply something up to 8 or 9 bar quite happily so that certainly doesn't need changing. As for the FPR.. well to be honest I really doubt there are any gains to be made from changing it!

Increasing fuel pressure increases flow and if the airflow hasn't been increased to match, it's a pointless excercise.

Increasing pressure has it's uses with forced induction if it's running lean on boost, but it's a temporary fix, not a cure.

With a cam on the 16V, the 'WUR' mod is done, which increases the fuel pressure very slightly for a little more flow.

With a cam on the 16V, the 'WUR' mod is done, which increases the fuel pressure very slightly for a little more flow.

sorry if this is a really dumb question,

What is the 'WUR' mod?

the wur mod can only be done on k-jet injection.

It basically involves lowering the control pressure which increases fuelling across the rev rnge.

if you raise the system pressure, you would need to lower the control pressure after.

None of the above really applys to you if you have a 9a with ke-jetronic.