Sign in to follow this  
yorkshireone

Relocating indicators!

Cars in the bodyshop at the mo getting some repair work done and have been toying with the idea of smoothing out the indicators and fogs while its there. Just wanted to know what people have done about relocating the indicators, thought about drilling inbetween the headlights and fitting them there, are there any alternatives?

jamie

Alright matey.....

I did toy with this idea of getting rid of the fogs and ints...... but relocating them isn't as easy as it sounds!!! Redrilling the headlights is a possibility but you have to be careful in getting them correct, and making them waterproof to stop condensation......

Relocatig them elsewhere can possibly make it look alittle tacky and spoil the OEM'ish look.... But thats my 2pence worth ;)

you could buy a US spec front bumper and use the marker lights as indicators,otherwise tbh anything else looks too chavvy

yeah, been sat looking at the car for a while and i think its the final touch that it needs, you think that redrilling and siliconing the holes afterwards would be okay?

gettin the handles delocked aswell, although still need to get the alarm sorted before i fit em.

was lookin at your detailing post on E38, rivage lookin good!

vr6storm, you know where i could get hold of US spec panels?

vr6storm, you know where i could get hold of US spec panels?

errr............the US of A :D ............put a wanted ad up and see if any of the American members fancy doing a swap........obviously shipping will be savage

tho

seriously tho I reckon you'll ruin your C's looks by doing anything other than using the US spec bumper to get rid of the side repeaters