Sign in to follow this  
corradostuff

Wiper Linkage Broken

Anyone got any quick fix ideas for fixing wiper linkages back together? The two main linkages have come apart, I can't figure out whats happened really. The wiper motr still works and turns the linkage round. But where this linking arm meets the next arm they have come apart. They still link together but there is nothing holding them together so every time you turn the wipers on the linkages just come apart and the wipers stop! (Looks like a stop cap or something might have come off but I don't know how they're supposed to stay connected so can't realy tell)

I could do with a quick fix really as its my daily driver and can't really do without wipers in this weather!

Do you mean the linkage that comes off the motor and connects to the drivers side wiper???

If so, just remove there's a plastic collar on the inside - knock that out with a screwdriver and hook it back onto the wipers. It makes a bit of a clunk when wiping the windows but it will suffice until you can get a complete new linkage :D

The linkage parts stay connected by interference fit bearings - once they wear out they get too loose and just fall apart.

When mine broke, I tried cable tying the two bits together, which sort of worked for a bit, but not very well. Sadly, best bet is to get the mech replaced asap :(