Sign in to follow this  
MoonlightBlueVR6

Which Tyre rating for my standard (early) VR6 wheels

Hi All

I'm going to get new tyres all round imminently.

I currently have Conti sports 205/50/R15s.

I was going to replace with some Pilot Sports although am not 100% decided.

My main query is around the speed rating - I'm used to getting Z rated tyres on the sportier cars I've owned. But my current ones aren't, which I was suprised about basedon my previous experience.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Paul

205/50/VR15's are all the Corrado VR6 needs,they are rated to 150mph and as the Corrado VR6 top speed is 145mph they are fine

you can put ZR's on if you wish,but it will be overkill IMHO,you will only be able to get to the top speed of a Corrado,on an Autobahn/dis-used runway or deserted Motorway,so in day to day driving with a few spirited drives etc the VR rated tyres will be fine

205/50/VR15's are all the Corrado VR6 needs,they are rated to 150mph and as the Corrado VR6 top speed is 145mph they are fine

you can put ZR's on if you wish,but it will be overkill IMHO,you will only be able to get to the top speed of a Corrado,on an Autobahn/dis-used runway or deserted Motorway,so in day to day driving with a few spirited drives etc the VR rated tyres will be fine

i totally agree vr's are sufficient!!

The corrado would only have left the factory with ZR rated tyres (if that is in fact what it did, does anyone know?) because at the time there was no V rating. V rating is sufficient for the top speed of the car, and it will pass the MOT with V rated tyres.

The corrado would only have left the factory with ZR rated tyres (if that is in fact what it did, does anyone know?) because at the time there was no V rating. V rating is sufficient for the top speed of the car, and it will pass the MOT with V rated tyres.

pretty sure VR rated tyres have been on the go since the late 80's Matt............as I remember getting VR rated tyres for my 924S back in 1993