Sign in to follow this  
ant_43

Hello, i want a vr6

(Please excuse me if this is the wrong place to post on this forum)

Hello everybody,

I'm new here and would like to say hello to everyone, and also ask a couple of questions as i don't know anything about corrados......yet.

I currently drive a 2001 polo gti, which i have owned for 2 years. I have been a member of a polo forum since buying the car and have found that to be a great source in finding out info and fixing problems etc, and i hope that if i get a corrado then this site may be the same. I bought the polo, thinking that it being a "modern" car would suffer less from reliablity issues and would be cheap to run and maintain. I have spent more on the polo than any car i've owned yet! Partly due to my addiction to modifying cars of course, but also due to some things i'd rather not have had to spend.

Anyways, i have a thirst for more power and i feel the time has come to sell the polo and upgrade to a more reliable (i hope!), better looking, better handling, faster motor car vehicle.

Firstly i have got an insurance quote for a standard corrado vr6, and it was cheaper than what i pay for my polo with its mods declared (lowered, induction). And selling prices for both cars are similiar, so won't have to pay out much. Now for a few questions:

1. Are vr6s very costly to tax, service and run?

2. Is there a certain mileage to look out for? i.e. is there a point at which most things that can go wrong, will have done, and been repaired?

3. Is it true that the timing chain/cam belt does not need replacing on a vr6?

4. Will a bmx fit in the back?

5. Does anyone want a polo gti!

Sorry for boring you if you got this far,

Cheers!

ant

Hi Ant,

Most of the questions you have can be answered by using the search.

There is a VR buyers guide in the knowledge base, link at the top of the page.

Hope that helps!

Can fit two bmxs with front wheels off, and one side of the rear seats down, and still get the parcel shelf in fine. decent. Probly get three and three people in fine.

Poll