DanVW

Dans 92 G60

Fluck me Dan, they look awesome!!!

I need your address actually, as I forgot to give Tom the standard centre caps, sorry I think I must have been :sleeping:

WOW! They look awesome fella! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

You need to give me your address, so I can send you the other centre caps

Cheers for the comments guys I'm well happy with em! Still got a smile on my face despite having one of the tyres go flat in less than 200 yards... not fitted to the rim correctly I suspect so its back to the tyre center on Monday, need to get it booked in for a new CV boot too. There was quite a mess behind the offside front wheel when I took it off, think I have caught it early though :)

So plan for early 2010 is to get the charger rebuilt, fit the Samco boost hoses and RSR, new fuel pump, VDO's and the JBL speakers I have had kicking around for the last three years! :lol:

fit the Samco boost hoses and RSR, new fuel pump, VDO's and the JBL speakers I have had kicking around for the last three years! :lol:

:lol: Sounds familiar!

Getting lazy in my old age :lol: just dropped it off to the garage for a full service all belts fluids etc, new brake lines and goodrich hoses on the front (as the PO only did the back ones :shrug: )

Cant wait to get back to the UK in June got a GWerks visit lined up for the charger rebuild, and to fit my spare ECU complete with stg5 SNS chip and smaller pully :grin:

Hopefully I can get back in time for the first of the Summer South Coast meets!

Cheers

Dan

So the C is booked in to Gwerks in early June for a Charger rebuild 68mm pully, SNS stg 5 chip, RSR outlet and Samco boost hoses 8) cant wait!

also got round to fitting the rear JBL's today required some trimming of the bracket to get them in but I'm very pleased with the results, cant decide if I want to get a set of 13cm JBL's in the door or Audioscape door pods, any one have any comments on why I should spend the cash on new pods v's simply upgrading the std speakers?

Cheers

Dan

I have some of these Audioscape door pods with some new alpine SPR-17C 6-1/2" in my car, they do look good, i also like the way they face up into the car. I got mine at a knock down price, other wise i probably would have stayed with the original set up. The only little niggle i have with them is i have to open the door wide open as i tend to scuff them alot when i drag my right leg in! I also went down the same route as you with the rears and went with some JBL's.

So the 950 mile round trip back to the UK went off without hitch, although the first thing I did in the Uk was curb a borbet pulling away from the passport control hut.... :bad-words:

anyway during the visit I set aside a day for a drive in Charger rebuild from G-Werks.

Darren said the casting marks showed it was built in 91 so would have been one of the last G60 chargers produced, I have recepts for VW fitting it brand new in 2002 and a Jabba R1 port and rebuild in 2003 so wasnt sure what to expect when it was cracked open but it had not done that much milage in the 7 years between rebuilds and apparently everything looked good inside as you can see in the pics :D

Also had a 68mm pully, an SNS stage5 chip and an RSR Outlet with some nice fat 3" Samco Boost hose fitted, had to drive under 4k for most of the way home but now I have cleared the 400mile run in she is now flying! I'm :clap: cheers G-Werks.

Dan

So the 9500mile round trip back to the UK went off without hitch

That's a long way to go for a charger rebuild :norty:

Thats a nice shiney charger :D

Have G Werks ported it any more or has it been taken to the limit by Jabba? Have you noticed a difference now you can nail it? :lol:

Na G-Werks said it could be ported a little further to improve the cooling inside the unit but I didnt have the time to get them to do it (plus my spare charger is R1 G-Werks ported so may swap at some point to see if there is any difference between the Two)

Have noticed quite a bit of difference now, once the oil is at 80 and I can boot it the noise and kick in the back is fantastic :luvlove: only thing now is I'm really noticing the rubbish gearing, I really need to recon the box and get the VR 1-2 and 5th cogs in there, its on the list for later in the year unless I can find one already done.

The next most important job is a Mocal, and new bushes.. The long term plan is to get the engine out and tidy it all up, the charger looks a bit out of place in my manky bay :lol:

Cheers

Dan

I bet it sounds ace, I miss the G60 sound

I know what you mean about the gearing. I'm either looking to do the same with VR cogs or get a CTN box fitted

Whats the crack with the CTN box? Is it a better geared direct swap if so that sounds interesting :)

From what I understand it's from diesels, and the ratios are well suited to G60's. Hopefully it's got a longer 1st and 2nd!

I think it'll be a cheaper option that having one rebuilt with the VR 1,2+5