Sign in to follow this  
Tim_R

9a fueling problems

Hi,

I've recently finished a 9a conversion on my scirocco using the standard corrado ke-motronic management, all was going well for a couple of weeks until it started dying when coming up to junctions and dipping the clutch. I've checked the ISV and even swapped it out, no different. I've eventually traced the problem back to the potentiometer attached to the air flow sensor on the metering head, with that unplugged it now pulls as it should do from low revs. I've measured the voltage I get across this as the sensor is lifted up and get 0.2v when closed and 4.69v when fully open. I can't find any specs for this in the haynes passat manual, another book I have says that voltage should go from 0.2v to 7v, can anyone confirm if this is correct or not?

It may help if I could get into the ECU diagnostics but as I now only have 2 wires relating to the ecu's diagnostice pins I can't follow the Haynes instructions wich seems to involve a 6 pin plug. The wires I have are white/grey and solid yellow and go to pins 1 and 22 of the ecu.

Any help would be really really good.

Cheers

Tim

You can't set a 9A up without putting it into basic adjustment mode. The two wires you have are the diagnostic comms and you need to add a second plug with a permanent live and earth and you may have this on the donor harness. When connecting to a diagnostic system such as VAG-COM, you will need the early adapter harness to connect to the VAG-COM cable and you can buy these from any VAG-COM reseller.

Would I have to have VAG-COM to put it in basic adjustment mode or does this automaticly happen when reading off error codes in the way Haynes suggests