Sign in to follow this  
gg7aph

Logic 900 Factory Fit Alarm and Immob gone mad after new bat

I've only just got my damn MAF fixed and now this! Basically my battery began to die. I think this was just because it was a sealed unit and so i was unable to top up the ionised water and it eventually got so low it became useless. So another 45 quid on a new battery and it started healthier than i've known it too.

That was about 4 hours ago and it's sat on the drive patiently waiting to go out until all of a sudden it started raining (may or may not be related) and the damn alarm went off for no reason. I went out, turned it off and jumped in to start her just to be sure there wasn't anything draining the juice from the battery. No Problems - so came back inside. Within 2 mins the alarm was wailing again! Turned it off.....same thing happened 2 mins later!

I noticed that as I shut the door the hazards flash - that's shut, not lock, just shut (obviously activating the switch in the door hinge area). Also, while I had it running on the driveway it would randomly flash the hazards.

I decided to leave it unlocked and stood there watching (in the rain). Instead of the alarm screaming, this time it just started flashing the hazards.

I have a factory fit Logic 900 Alarm and Immobiliser.....anyone got any clues?

Hi

Not sure what the answer is here. The whole system should have reset itself when you reconnected the battery. The alarm you've got is the conlog logic 900, if you do a search on the forum i think there is info about this sort of problem. If you have the original key you can turn the siren off or you could pull the fuse out...its one of three fuses just above the main fuses. Alternatively you could always disconnect the whole thing.

I've searched and searched - but found nothing specific. Apprently the slot under the glovebox, with the metal contacts, should reset the alarm - it does something, causing the hazards to flash and the red LED on the fob to flash, but the problem remains. I don't really want to bypass it or pull the fuse as I want to keep it active for security.

I've ended up having to disconnect the battery. Does this mean I will also have to go through the ECU resetting process as described in the Knowledge base? Can this be achieved without access to VAGCOM?

ok, ive just sent you a PM with the instructions attached....hope this helps. Not sure about the ECU, I was under the impression that as long as you ran the engine for at least 10 minutes after reconecting, then that would be ok, but not sure if this is correct.

Cheers Ian VR6,

but it wasn't actually the alarm being nutty - it was a fuse. The fuse that completes the circuit that included the door switches had died. The central locking still worked, but because the circuit was incomplete the immobiliser wasn't getting that signal and thinking the car was still unlocked and vulnerable.

Anyway, Now I've reconnected the battery should I go through the ECU resetting procedure? According to this:

http://the-corrado.net/wiki/index.php/V ... _Procedure

I need access to VAGCOM, right?

Glad to hear you fixed it and that it was just a fuse. A word of warning, treat your fobs like gold as if you lose them like I did you're stuffed! I was lucky to find somebody with a spare control box and fobs!!

As for the ECU it seems the 'knowledge base' is saying you need to use VAGCOM. Maybe you should try putting another post in the engine forum regarding this to see what other users think