Sign in to follow this  
A5 VRX

Mk2 G60 gearbox..

Dont know if they are the same as Corrado G60 boxes but i'd thought i'd ask anyway!

Need a 'box for my mk2 G60 as mines on it's way out, rang Vege and they said £625 for a fully re-manufactured one, is there anyone else i should talk to before getting one, any other options?

What about a clutch as well, stay standard or go VR6 or something?

Cheers AJ

The Corrado G60 used ATB, ATA, AYL, AYN, CAW, CBA or CGP boxes and the Golf used AYC, AYN or CBA so yes, they are interchangeable. £625 sounds a bit cheap for a recon 02A box from VEGE, they may have quoted you on an 020 box. A VAG unit is £1328.76 inc VAT for a CBA but AYC and AYN went obsolete in April this year.

Or go for a Diesel Gearbox like i have on mine now..? Mk3 golf 1.9 tdi (CTN)

You can pick these up for around £200 - £300 , seems to do the job nicely on mine anyway! 8)

The VEGE was £675 but there was a discount on there for some reason so it was £625?

Alright Mike, was looking at a second hand box but didn't fancy getting one and it going on me so in the end i've decided to get mine fully re-con'd with VR6 gears (1,2,3,4+5) still undecided on the 5th gear??

Also decided on VR6 clutch....any other help much appriciated

AJ

before you and buy all the bit you require to do the vr6 gear swap. do look at the gear ratio on the diesel ctn box. its a straight swap, smooth,cheap, and excellent gears. 1st good for 35 2nd 65 3rd 95 4th 130 5th 170. so long as you have the power. someone correct me if thats wrong.

Am looking into this now as a proper option, you guys find it very good for everyday drivin on the CTN?

i have yet to fit mine. mike has fitted it and have been told by others it is perfect. i just need to find time to fit mine,

have a read through this,

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=53602&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

i did spend a whole week phoning every breakers in the country to find a ctn box, and the one i got was covered in shite and no confirm mileage. ..

but i did get a breakers in dover which had one. with confirmed 80k on it but wanted 270 + 50 postage. ... plus VAT. :shock: so it worked out expensive.. i got my one for 200 delivered. but i have no idea how many miles on it. :?

Well the search has started and after reading that link it does sound like it is the best box for the job, just need to find one now!!!

Cheers AJ

Looking for a CTN box at the moment for the car but i know of a CHA box for sale out of a mk3 tdi (we think its' turbo, cable change) any ideas about this 'box? Is it the same as a CTN ratio wise?? Or do i hold out for a CTN

Any help much appriciated, need to get the car back on the road asap.

Cheers AJ