renson

My Corrado,Let the rebuild begin in!! Now with fire pics!

good man, thought you must have given up with the c. is it mot'd and everything?

Noooooo, not given up, just saving for a wedding.....priorities and all that!

I now know that feeling, Got engaged over christmas. The missus has gone mental ever since. Had to open a savings account, she's set the date (only 2 bloody years when i said at least 4), booked the venue, drawn up guest lists and everything. I Still forget that we are engaged, at least she goes to wedding shows at the weekends and i get some time to myself. Good luck!! :lol: I now know how she feels when i talk about cars. Don't know about you but i don't care what flowers/food/photographer/suits/venue/dresses/bridesmaids/etc we have. Was supposed to be a simple thing now it seems to be getting more and more expensive with every magazine she buys... Last night she was trying to show me bird cages. A magazine say's that these are the new thing to have as centre peices. :cuckoo: :help:

just a little update. Today was MoT day and it passed :clap: :clap: :D

Now i have some spare cash, i'm going to replace the cylinder head, uprating the cams, replacing the dodgy manifold and down pipe,cam belt and tensioner and any other little bits along the way.

I now know that feeling, Got engaged over christmas. The missus has gone mental ever since. Had to open a savings account, she's set the date (only 2 bloody years when i said at least 4), booked the venue, drawn up guest lists and everything. I Still forget that we are engaged, at least she goes to wedding shows at the weekends and i get some time to myself. Good luck!! :lol: I now know how she feels when i talk about cars. Don't know about you but i don't care what flowers/food/photographer/suits/venue/dresses/bridesmaids/etc we have. Was supposed to be a simple thing now it seems to be getting more and more expensive with every magazine she buys... Last night she was trying to show me bird cages. A magazine say's that these are the new thing to have as centre peices. :cuckoo: :help:

you should ask to at least have the corrado as a centre, centre piece lol! and the golden carridge :lol:

just a little update. Today was MoT day and it passed :clap: :clap: :D

Now i have some spare cash, i'm going to replace the cylinder head, uprating the cams, replacing the dodgy manifold and down pipe,cam belt and tensioner and any other little bits along the way.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Glad it passed....time for a new head and KR cams then ;)

Oh, and I have some news on what you can do re the fuelling....

If you look carefully at your distribution block next to all the fuel lines there is a tiny little 3mm allen key. If you undo these you can adjust the fueling to each individual injector. After 100K miles+ that they have all seen you'll find not each injector flows the same anymore.

So what we used to do is unscrew all the covers to gain access to the 3mm grub adjustment screw inside. Then put a co meter into the tailpipe of the car and at idle first we adjust the car to perfect 1 lambda using the main control screw.

We then switched the engine of and used a colourtune tuning kit where you can see the colour of the flame through an inspection hole on cylinder number 1. Depending on the colour of the flame we would then turn the grub screw of injector one up or down until the colour was right. This process was then repeated for the other cylinders. So they where all showing the right colour.

Replacing the safety caps afterwards. Once that was done we'd shim up the fuel pressure return to increase the fuel pressure to the injectors and adjust the co idle screw to bring her back to perfect lambda at idle.

There's more where that came from ;)

So today started out great. Booked this morning off to spend with the little one, watched a couple of kids films and just relaxed about the house. Was due in to work at 2 for a couple of hours and happened to look out of my frontroom window to be greated by my car with a great big dent down the side of it and a little bit of paper flapping about under the window wipers. :censored: :censored:

Have contacted the company who hit my car and they have accepted full reliability so should be ok. plus it would have been caught on the cctv so trying to get that just to cover my ar*e. Now it seems that in recent months a few of you have shared a similar experience with people hitting your cars. I just wanted to know, because it wasn't my fault am i entitled to insist my car be repaired if they try and write it off? also as i have never had to make any sort of claim with regerds to anything do i need to contact my insurance? :bad-words: :brickwall:

Poorcar.jpg[/attachment:1n81mqwp]

bugger... that's not good...

As it's 100% their fault, I'd advise that you don't go through YOUR insurance, as soon as you tell 'em, it puts a mark on your no-claims! Personally, I'd contact a claims handling company who you can make sure will insist that the car is repaired, not written off, and should get you a courtesy car while it's away being fixed AND won't sting you for your insurance excess!

Hope you get it sorted with the least hassle possible... 8)

well just spoken to their insurance company and been told i need to get a couple of quotes. The bloke driving has admitted total responsability so should all get sorted. Just spoken to 1 body shop and am going there tomorrow. What should be nice is that the bloke i spoke to also owns a corrado so hopefully it should be treated right if it goes there.

Door might be fixed, hope so they are 515.56+Vat New :pale: But need a new wing. VW strike again at £240.04+Vat. Seriously worried now don't want it written off. My cars not going anywhere though,I don't want it written off just to get another one. I am now at the point where i know my car and its few of fault, i've spent the last 2 years sorting the rest. They last being the manifold and thrust bearing rattle but they were planned to be sorted soon anyhow. I don't want another car with new problems

OUCH, 1 quote from the VW bodyshop just came in. A massive £1,772.78 all in. They also state that the wing and door mouldings are no longer avaliable if anyone wondered.

Noooooooo neeeeeed dude. That's a total bummer! :( I might have the wing moulding that you can have, if that is of any use?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Looks like the insurance company are going to fix my car!! After weeks of stress spoke to them today and all is looking good. Should know 100% next week but it is looking good for my top end rebuild i have been planning . So once its out of the body shop it should be in the garage having a rebuilt head fitted, new manifold, downpipe, cambelt etc should be good for a few more years. Am well happy now :D :clap: :grin:

The Parts collection can now begin, i have already sourced a good head, maifold and downpipe. have on order a head gasket kit, new head bolts, Cambelt, tensioner,nuts and washers for the manifold and was going to get a new cam chain. Is there anything else i should order?

Going to see mrbeige tonight to collect my new head, then on monday morning its in for repair. :clap: I'm getting all excited (at it getting repaired on monday not going to stu's to get the head :camp: :lol:)

I'm getting all excited (at it getting repaired on monday not going to stu's to get the head :camp: :lol:)

That's not what you told me :fondle: :lol:

:lol: Was good to see you again mate, good to meet joe too. In typical fashion however the Corrado decided that to thank me for getting new bits for it, it would be a bit*h this morning. Started straight away, went to pull away and nothing pedal was to the floor and it just sat there idling away happily. So this morning running late for work i was in the pooring rain taking the lower half of the dash out under the steering wheel to reattach the throttle cable that decided to pop out. Seem to remember that this happened once before but years ago.

I've had the same happen whilst pulling away on a green flag lap before in the golf. In my own unique style I've put a couple of cable ties round it now as a secondary fixing. Works a treat (touch wood).

Hey Luke, think a cable tie may well be the way forward. Remember a similar thing happend on a mates car years ago but had snapped and he didn't have breakdown. Ended up using our shoe laces and tying them to the throttle, had to control the throttle through the window. He wouldn't drive so i did now that was weird. Hows the car running? Have you sorted your temp problems?

I'm liking the shoelace fix! Nicely done. Its temporarily fixed; I've removed the thermostat, think its going to be head gasket time soon!

look for the thread by JIM in Engine Threads mate, he has had loads of running temp probs. I'd go through his thread to get some ideas before whipping the head off.

Link here

Realised that i never put any pics of my car since it has been to the body shop, so here it is before the bin lorry reversed into it...

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfBefore1.jpg[/attachment:1jx5sdp6]

ETKA Corrado.pdfBefore2.jpg[/attachment:1jx5sdp6]

and what it looked like when she was poorly :pale: ...

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfPoor2.jpg[/attachment:1jx5sdp6]

Corrado92.pdfPoor4.jpg[/attachment:1jx5sdp6]

And after she was made all better again :clap: ...

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfAfter1.jpg[/attachment:1jx5sdp6]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfAfter 2.jpg[/attachment:1jx5sdp6]

I also treated her and redone the red rears

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfTreat1.jpg[/attachment:1jx5sdp6]

and to cheer me up while she was at the bodyshop my missus brought me this

Treat2.jpg[/attachment:1jx5sdp6]

Must say that i am chuffed to bits with how she looks now just hope i never have to go through an experience like this again. Was pleased that the chap was nice enough to leave a note though as the final repair bill was nearly £1500.