Sign in to follow this  
StuartFZR400

Fuchs oil at GSF or VW

Are people sticking with the Quantum Silver at VW, which has now doubled in price, or are people converting to GSF's cheap Fuchs engine oil ?

They don't sell it Toadie...

Stuart - just go into VW and ask for a price for a box of 4 Synta Silver, I'm sure they will do a good price if they think your trade - should be less than £40 inc vat

They don't sell it Toadie...

Stuart - just go into VW and ask for a price for a box of 4 Synta Silver, I'm sure they will do a good price if they think your trade - should be less than £40 inc vat

I've bought it in the past.... Have things changed?

Bum...

Just when I needed to change my oil...

Will have to go and pester the VW Parts desk up then. TBH my valver has been on Synta Gold since I had oil pump issues (was soley run on Mobil 1 before that), but the VR will be on Silver from now on.

The guy at My GSF branch told me that the Fuchs stuff was the same as VW put in cars at production these days.

I noticed that Castrol now comes in 4 litre containers. I thought I was imagining it until I found a 5l one in my boot!

the Fuchs stuff has exactly the same approvals list on the back as the synta silver (VW 505.00), and I have also heard VW are now using it from factory

The Fuchs should, in theory, be exactly the same as Synta, VW have changed their supplier basically, and it should be made to the same spec (or better) as Synta. If the dealers still sell Synta, it will only be some old stock.

Fuchs seem to be taking over generally and buying other manufacturers out - Silkolene Pro-S is also now made by Fuchs.

I reckon it is cheaper only because Fuchs are alot bigger than the company who produce Synta.

Its true, 5.5 Litres the cheeky extra half litre that sits in the oil filter. But from my experience you never get all the oil out, not without tipping the car up and shaking it about.