Sign in to follow this  
bigpants baby

Dastek unichip

I could do with a bit of info about this chip thingy,Ive just bought a vr6 vento with it on,what performance does it give? would it be any good for 2.9cc or dizzy engines

cheers

I used to use one of these before i went forced induction. They are pretty good, 13bhp gain on totally standard all I had was the Uni-chip (obvoiusly remapped) but i saw 203BHP over the measly 190std. They also give better fuel economy and make the car feel more responsive under part throttle.

The one i have (which is still for sale BTW) is for a coilpack VR, as far as i know it makes no difference if 2.8 or 2.9 but they are different for coilpack or dizzy.

Basically the benfits are you can just remap it after adding new modds, and its soooo much cheaper to map then a full ECU remap.

This reminds me..... I have to get up off my lazy a** and ebay mine........

I bought one on E bay some time back, but haven't had time to fit it yet.

A couple of questions,

Does anyone have a wiring diagram, I assume that it wires into the harness immediately after the ECU ?

If it is dis-connected (It has a socket fitting) does the ECU revert to 'standard' ?

Where can I get it fitted and mapped in the wild North ?

I bought one on E bay some time back, but haven't had time to fit it yet.

A couple of questions,

Does anyone have a wiring diagram, I assume that it wires into the harness immediately after the ECU ?

If it is dis-connected (It has a socket fitting) does the ECU revert to 'standard' ?

Where can I get it fitted and mapped in the wild North ?

I will have a look, I have the wiring for mine but then i took it off so i know where it goes :lol: is it coilpack? dizzy?

If its disconnected the ECU will indeed be a standard map, you see thats the point of these, the ECU's map isnt changed the Uni-chip just fools the ECU by changing the signal it sends out / receives.

Can't help on the last one fella, im from down south :)

It's coilpack, mate.

the connector has 8 wires;-

Pink: :White/red: : :Black :

Red : Purple: :Brown: White /black: White: (this is the layout of the socket connection)

Any help would be appreciated........looks like job for Stealth !!!

The Unichip splices into the Mass Air Flow circuit + power and earth IIRC. Ask Vince at Stealth, he used to sell and fit quite a few of them.