Sign in to follow this  
Stormster

My Dash is Dead - Any suggestions to the cause

All,

I'm a new member and would appreciate any suggestions from those members familiar with the wiring circuits on the late VR6.

To cut a long story short - I have a VR6 Storm and it has been sitting in my garage for 4 years , when I last drove it all was fine and working . However when I was working away I allowed the battery to be drained by the Alarm (TOAD) , the battery went into deep discharge - so I removed it and swapped with a new one same type (Heavy Duty ) and since then I have lost several instrument indicators , I have now put the car back on the road but have the following problem -

I have no dash indicator lamps - i.e. ignition , battery etc) no rev counter or speedo - no fuel gauge , The MDF doesn't work and the rear spoiler doesnt come up automatically .

I do have lcd clock , indicator lights - full beam lamp (blue) mileometer and horn , green backlit light is ok

I have checked all the fuses under driver side footwell and all are good

Has anyone encountered this before and what circuit could all these be connected on ?

Regards Stormster

are all the relays properly pushed home?

Hi DirtyTorque,

Thanks for the fast response

I have checked all the relays

Looking from top left to right

72 109 18 21

99 99 53 53 167

All are pushed home , I removed them to clean the spades pins incase of tarnishing.

I also removed the clocks tonight and removed and reseated the only white multi-pin connector - without success

I removed the battery and allowed to sit for 30 mins (any stored charge to dissipate )and then reconnected -without success

I have seen several people selling clocks on the forum - but concerned that something simple is the cause and not the clocks

Are these relays prone to sticking ? or are the symptoms that I am seeing indicate faulty clocks -

The battery gauge doesn't work either

Stormster

If you've checked the relays, and the battery isn't flat, then check the fuse box.

If it's not that then you've probably got a broken earth somewhere.