Sign in to follow this  
steve @

Mocal Oil cooler VR6. Sandwich plate bolt?

I have a mocal oil cooler kit for the Vr only I didnt have the sandwich plate bolt and cap. Now the original bolt is to long (I have ditched the original oil/water cooler) so i ordered the shorter bolt from g-werks that arrived fine. I was lead to believe that the bolt head/cap unscrews from the original bolt, however on ETKA it shows the bolt and head/cap as one. So am I still missing the bolt head/cap or does it indeed unscrew?? Any help much appreciated as the cars been off the road for 2 weeks already (hole in the rad) :( .

AFAIK there are two types of cap - one in which the cap separates and the other which doenst. It depends on teh year but i cant remember where the changeover was. Use the shorter bolt from G-Werks you should be fine. Maybe PM KADVR6 as he's done the same as you.

This is turning out to be a right pain in the arse! I managed to find two part numbers on ETKA (only one listed for the corrado and one used on the MKiv golfs) so ordered both ... turns out they are both the same!!!! :(

All I want is the dam cap but nothings coming up on their system. Surely other people must have found this to be a problem? as u have to change the bolt anyway whether u keep the cooler or not??