Sign in to follow this  
smiff

Paint (Airbrushing)

I would like to retouch some scratches on my car, can you tell me if I can use thinned touch-up paint in my airbrush? What do I thin it with (ratio) ??

Any tips?

the ratio for 2 pack paint is 3 parts paint 1 part hardner and 10% thinners you cant go wrong with that combination it's worked a treat for me in the past. Heres a little trick of the trade for smallish scratches though, I learnt this one from a body shop mate of mine what you do is touch up the scratch with until its just past the level mark leave it for an hour or so to dry and then go back to it it should still be quite soft and what you do is get some t cut and gently rub the top surface off until it is level and then leave to dry competely for a day and then give it a polish with ordinary high gloss polish the stuff you usually polish your car with and you should end up with a really neat unoticable finish

Many thanks for your answers.

Where do I buy proper paint (2 pack) and hardner from + does a VW main dealer sell it?

cheers

You can get 2k paint at any good car parts/ motor factor shop (NOT car accessories shops).

You'll find your paint code on a label in the boot. Take the code to the motor factors and they'll be able to match it for you no problem.

Small scratch that needed retouching is now "f **k ** f" large scratch.

Twice in two days, bloody company car park.

Anyone know of a good bodyshop in the Hertford area?