Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

MOT passed for another year

Just got a clean bill of health on the G60 - thats 3 MOTs now and all passed with no advises - not bad for a 1 year old car thats done 25,000 miles in that time :D

Mine failed yesterday on HC emissions - turns out my catalytic converter is completely knackered.

Good news is I managed to find a place locally in Bournemouth that will build me an upgraded sports cat to replace the dead one by next Wednesday. The bad news is that it's another £250 spent :(

I'm already £3k into this car this year... and I still have the Autometrix trackday to fund in 3 weeks time. That'll be another £500 by the time I've booked it, put new front pads on, used the fuel and replaced the front tyres afterwards!

I think you're probably running your three cars for less than I'm spending running and modifying one car Andy, LOL (I'm crying really!)

John

But I bet you have more fun in yours than I do in mine :lol:

Just checked on the MOT and it did actually get an advisory this year - "Vehicle heavily undersealed" - am I supposed to strip it all off then??? :)

Mine failed yesterday on HC emissions - turns out my catalytic converter is completely knackered.

Good news is I managed to find a place locally in Bournemouth that will build me an upgraded sports cat to replace the dead one by next Wednesday. The bad news is that it's another £250 spent :(

I'm already £3k into this car this year... and I still have the Autometrix trackday to fund in 3 weeks time. That'll be another £500 by the time I've booked it, put new front pads on, used the fuel and replaced the front tyres afterwards!

I think you're probably running your three cars for less than I'm spending running and modifying one car Andy, LOL (I'm crying really!)

John

are the lambda and CO readings ok? sounds more like an air leak then a kat?

mine failed only on emmisions the other day but was because it was tested at belwo norm running temps so just took it for a quick blip before re-test and bingo all MOT'd up for another yr.