Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

Counting the hours till ...

... I finally, finally get to drive my own US-G60 again tomorrow, when over in Germany :D

Flying out late this afternoon, staying with my parents in D, takling the train :shock: down to where my C has been repaired to then blast back to my parents across all sorts of lovely German Autobahns, almost all of which are speed-restricted :-( Ah well, the last stretch should be unrestricted.

Tempest

... I finally, finally get to drive my own US-G60 again tomorrow, when over in Germany :D

Flying out late this afternoon, staying with my parents in D, takling the train :shock: down to where my C has been repaired to then blast back to my parents across all sorts of lovely German Autobahns, almost all of which are speed-restricted :-( Ah well, the last stretch should be unrestricted.

Tempest

Er, did you say US-Spec G60?

I just need to make sure ;)

Tempest

I just need to make sure ;)

A what??

Hope you have fun with her! How long has it been now?

I just need to make sur

Yes, I just needed to make sure, you're all aware of the fact I do not just drive a run-of-the mill UK spec ordinary C like there are hundreds of about :p :lol:

It's been over 2 months now since last driven it.

Tempest

run-of-the mill UK spec ordinary C like there are hundreds of about

More to go wrong on yours ;)

Oh.. and in fact.. think about it.. there would have been FAR more LHD G60's in your configuration made for the US market than there would have been RHD UK spec G60's... so technically, the US spec is more run of the mill than a UK one ;)

run-of-the mill UK spec ordinary C like there are hundreds of about

More to go wrong on yours ;)

Oh.. and in fact.. think about it.. there would have been FAR more LHD G60's in your configuration made for the US market than there would have been RHD UK spec G60's... so technically, the US spec is more run of the mill than a UK one ;)

Exactly, bloody common as mud US-Spec G60s ;)

Back from Germany and some major fun on the Autobahns.

My German mate has done a truly stunning job, managed to pull the right rear quarter panle by no less than 5 cm!!! No welding needed :-) Everyone told him it was impossible, but he proved them all wrong. New rear axle and a new battery, too, and after a nice local little Rocco meet with some more German mates of mine, pizza al fresco along the beatiful river Rhein, I left again for some fun on by then almost deserted Autobahns :-)

I left my C at my parents' place, waved goodbye today, after I spent almost 3 hours cleaning my C for next weekend, when I'll be back to then take my C to Hohenroda: A meet with only Karmann type 53s (Roccos and Rados) attending, so far 235 Roccos and Rados, in excess of 400 people to drink with :-)

Tempest

Any pics of the arch work?

Not yet, but you can't see anything anymore. No pictures of the actual work-phase, other than this one, when the panel work was completed, and the C went into the spray-booth.

Tempest

pizza al fresco

I know the germans are liberal but you have to draw the line at pizza in the nude!! :lol:

Did find a piccie of my crashed Rado after all.

pizza in the nude

Tsts, one tries to be intellectual here, and gets replies like that :lol: The pizza was much more enjoyable than the one on the evening after the crash at that pizza place near to the ring.

This time we had a stunning setting along the Rhein, making Wagners "Ring der Nibelungen" setting (also the Rhein, OK, for you folks, it's of course the Rhine, but that just looks wrong :lol:) look like fake.

4 more days, and I'm back in Germany, driving my Rado :-)

Tempest