Sign in to follow this  
n3p

1.8 16v Coolant hoses - Shops?

hi,

Looking for replacement coolant/rad hoses for 1.8 16v. VWs cost a bomb, was wondering if anyone knew where I could find some? (shops, sellers, etc..) All i see are samco G60/vr ones :( help!

GSF sell them (but don't list them on their website), you have to ask in shop I think!

various places do the golf mk2 16v set, 5 of the 7 you can use on any 16v engine, look in the VW mags for dealers that retail samcos IRO 120 quid a set, cheaper than buying all 5 from VAG.

Thanks for the advice - Found these mk2 golf 16v hoses

Dont suppose you know which 2 wont fit, and where I can get the odd ones? (pref. not vw!)

600001031153.jpg

thanks!

the long curved one and the long straight one at the bottom of your pic dont fit, you'll need to get a length of 8mm bore samco hose for the expansion tank to rad pipe (available by the metre and you'll need 2m [it's about 1.5m long] )

you could buy separate elbows and straights to make up the other sections around the right of the head and the heater matrix supply pipes.

the long curved one and the long straight one at the bottom of your pic dont fit, you'll need to get a length of 8mm bore samco hose for the expansion tank to rad pipe (available by the metre and you'll need 2m [it's about 1.5m long] )

you could buy separate elbows and straights to make up the other sections around the right of the head and the heater matrix supply pipes.

Does anyone know what components I need to buy to create a hose from the right of the head to the bottom of the expansion tank?

I understsand that this is one of the hoses that doesn't come in the standard kits and many people have recommended making one out of straights and elbows but no one has listed the components they used - and would be very helpful!

yes, it's in another samco 16v thread, basically you need a 25-19mm reducer bend a coupler and a 19mm hose, possibly 45 degree 19mm bends depending on if you use the heater bypass valves

sfs seems good for ordering bits

sorry, mis-read your post, the hose to the bottom of the tank could be made from a single length of hose I reckon, same bore as the spare hose that comes in the samco set, probably 19mm again. I was looking at this when I changed my radiator yesterday, but it doesn't feed from the head to expansion tank, it's from the water pipe around the block to the expeansion tank, or the one I mentioned above which goes from the side of the head to the heater matrix inlet.

yes, it's in another samco 16v thread, basically you need a 25-19mm reducer bend a coupler and a 19mm hose, possibly 45 degree 19mm bends depending on if you use the heater bypass valves

sfs seems good for ordering bits

sorry, mis-read your post, the hose to the bottom of the tank could be made from a single length of hose I reckon, same bore as the spare hose that comes in the samco set, probably 19mm again. I was looking at this when I changed my radiator yesterday, but it doesn't feed from the head to expansion tank, it's from the water pipe around the block to the expeansion tank, or the one I mentioned above which goes from the side of the head to the heater matrix inlet.

Thanks - I've just ordered a hose kit and wanted to know what other hoses I'd need to have made up. I've ordered a single lenght to go from the expansion tank to the rad but the other hose from the tank has split and needs replacing as well.

Either that or have I read things wrong and that hose comes in the kit ?