Sign in to follow this  
waynos

air /fuel gauge? how do you connect one without a lambda pro

im am buying a turbo engine for my car soon and i want to keep an eye on the fuelling so was going to install an air fuel ratio guage. however my car doesnt have a lambda probe (corrado 1.8 16v) would i need to get one of these for it to work? and how would i wire it up as ive heard u can get them with 1 , 2 ,3 or 4 wires

i just want it to be able to run the gauge so i think narrow band should do? is it a simple case of getting one and connecting a wire to earth one to ignition and one to the gauge?

isnt it just a nut that they screw into on the exhaust? another silly question, do i have to use a vw lambda probe or just any that has the right amount of wires. also if i do get one how will i know what wire coes what? as dont think they would come with wiring diagrams

i just want it to be able to run the gauge so i think narrow band should do? is it a simple case of getting one and connecting a wire to earth one to ignition and one to the gauge?

To be honest mate a narrow band wont show you a great deal and will spend most of it's time stuck on stoichiometric. If you want it to actually keep an eye on things you're better of with a wideband gauge (AEM, and Innovate make them, as I'm sure do a few others).

i use a single wire. and it works ok. has to heat up first. i couldnt be bothered running more wires to heat it .

If i remember correctly, there is a nice lambda probe that you may use for this!

You can find it in the new VW Beetle.

Can someone confirm this?