Sign in to follow this  
sim0n_parker

de wedged and charger baffel?? what?

de wedged and charger baffel? what is this about? ive heard a few people talking about de wedging your throtttle body? pros and cons if anyone could please and also can i remove the super charger baffel pot thingy but still keep the hot air recirculater, as i dont want to remove the pipe completly just want to make the charger sound alot more beefy.

simon

Dewedged throttle body butterfly, removes quite a big restriction to the airflow, people say it gives a snappier throttle response, baffle box on end of charger, sometimes prone to leaks, people replace them with either rallye u bends when fittin a front mount intercooler or an RSR adaptor that replaces the baffle box if running a std corrado intercooler

hope that lot makes some sense

cool, chears

does the dewedged throtle body make it run lumpy? tick over funny etc? also is it something i could do my self as im quite mechanicle mided also the baffle box is this the plastic box thing just behind the radiater, thats held on with 4x10mm bolts that are abit awquared to get at?

simon

cool, chears

the baffle box is this the plastic box thing just behind the radiater, thats held on with 4x10mm bolts that are abit awquared to get at?

simon

the black box fastened to the bottom of the charger mate,if you undo the hose theres one bolt inside teh box that fastens it to the charger iirc (not sure what size )

cool, thanks alot people! much appreciated, ill leave the wedge thing then but i think ill go for the rsr outlet, anyone know where i can get one from?

chears

simon

Greeny, youre absolutely spot on, BUT, you cant see it or get to it properly , hence having to take them silly 10mm bolts off, which invariably are corroded so they snap inside the box and your left with a screw that just turns and turns and turns, til you get the old extreme violence out of the toolbox and rip the thing off! :) Then the 2 halves ( or quarters , depending on your strength) split open and then you can get to that big bolt that holds the baffle box to the charger.

cool, thanks alot people! much appreciated, ill leave the wedge thing then but i think ill go for the rsr outlet, anyone know where i can get one from?

chears

simon

Gwerks is your man, go for the BBM one, excellent piece of kit

Greeny, youre absolutely spot on, BUT, you cant see it or get to it properly , hence having to take them silly 10mm bolts off,

i did mine we out removin the little bolts :D

skilled with my hands,or so the g/f says :lol:

the single bolt inside the silencer box is a 13mm (or 1/2inch if your old school) and can easily be reached through the outlet hole with an extension bar with either a wobble adapter on the end or a halfords pro extension with the rounded end. like has been said though if you do try undoing the 10mm bolts around the outside its quite likely they will snap or the captive nuts will break loose.