Sign in to follow this  
cvw

injector pipes

i will be replacing my rusty injector pipes with some baided ones that i have buffed up to nice shine . when taking the old ones of will i spill fuel all over ?

The system remains pressurised with the engine off, probably the best thing to do is crack open the fuel line feeding the metering head from the tank with a rag around it to soak up the small amount of fuel that will spray out, then the lines should only dribble a small amount of fuel when you go at them.

just for an advisory, i'd wear eye protection the next time i release the pressure......even though i put a rag round it last time i still managed to get some petrol in the face....(awaits crude jokes)

lovely jubbly , will be going on my jollies for a couple a weeks and also considerin having a go at the cylnder head .

thanks to all for your input.

Where can I buy the braided pipes? Mine are pretty corroded and I would like to replace them.

Cheers, Davie.

i was lucky enough to grab some cheap of the bay. they were in a state and have taken a real effort to clean up but well worth it . will get some fore and after piccie up soon.