ProdigalSon

ProdigalSon's G60: MOT pass! *phew*

Your username is very apt, Mr Clark! 4 yrs? You seem to have lost track of time! :lol:

Good result there- well done! How does it feel to be driving it again? Good times?! 8)

Yeah, feels great to be in the driving seat again. The feel, the smell, the smooth thrust... :-D

I was well chuffed to get classic insurance, otherwise I would have had to save up for a couple more months!

(PS. where has the list of smileys gone in this here newfangled layout?)

:lol: :roll: You can go advanced, or just write them in as you would normally (if you can remember them!).

1 corrado down, 1 to go! :D

I will believe it when I see it! :lol:

Jon, forgot to say re: wings- you will need late headlamp lenses & plastic surrounds, otherwise the lights will look recessed. Worth comparing with Andy's as his are late, before getting them painted ;) You should be able to get those bits pretty cheap though.

Edited by CazzaVR

I will believe it when I see it! :lol:

Jon, forgot to say re: wings- you will need late headlamp lenses & plastic surrounds, otherwise the lights will look recessed. Worth comparing with Andy's as his are late, before getting them painted ;) You should be able to get those bits pretty cheap though.

Hey now, some of us don't buy a new Corrado when they need washing, we stick it out!! :D :lol:

you're doing quite a good job of pimping your early wings to me. Got any pics of them?

Cheers Poll ;-)

Sooo, just had my C in for its MOT again, failed on a tire (predictable) and poor pattern from NSF headlight due to deterioration in the lens (unexpected!)...

Have bought replacement glass off clumpy1 and will post an update when I have it on the car :-)

Boost got rid of his C but has a Golf and a Polo now for him and his missus, so he's still in 'the family' ;-) He's recently got himself a 3D printer and is proper handy with CAD, so I'm gonna ask him to make some bits of obsolete trim. If he upgrades to one of those laser sintered metal powder printers I'd ask for mechanical and bodywork parts too! :-D

I just recently put my C in for its MOT two weeks early, so I could still drive it and get around (for parts etc!) if it failed on something minor.

It did fail on a tyre (low tread -fair enough, and easy to fix!) and also a headlight being too deteriorated(...?)

Got an early lens from clumpy1 in case it was my glass, but noticed the silver was in bad shape on the reflector also, so patched that up too with aluminium tape. Finally fitted a pair of Philips extreme-something-or-other bulbs (I'm not running my uprated loom at the mo, as it has previously failed MOT due to lack of dim sidelights).

Before:

usy7a3ed.jpg

After:

ju6yduzy.jpg

Early glass:

u7a5yqy8.jpg

Long story short, it passed, so off to France next weekend, for a bit of a roadtrip to a mate's wedding :-D