Sign in to follow this  
sim0n_parker

supercharger belt replacment easy or not

ive read up and been advised to change the super charger "timing belt" ive been told to get the uprated 11mm wide one? i was looking into rebuilding it my self but think i have decided to save up abit more and send it of at a later date. but one thing is worrying me if that belt snaps apparently it absolutly knackers the charger and a new charger is needed? so my question is... whilst im saving up for a charger rebuild how easy is it to replace that belt? id rather do that now to put my mind at rest untill i can save up abit to send it of for a serive.

also if anyone has got any usefull links to super charger rebuilding etc that shows you how to replace that belt, would be gladly appreciated.

simon

i sent my charger to g-werks just to have belt replaced, it was very cheap and a peace of mind, they even done a health check and greased it all up for me

Seen that one a few times but its not really the step by step guide that would make me feel confidant

about pulling off my charger to change that belt :-( I have seen posts on here recommending that the small belt

is replaced once a year as its so cheep and easy to change but that seems like overkill to me.

However my charger was last rebuilt in 2004 by Jabba :shock: and I cant afford to get it rebuilt yet so

step by step belt change guide or not I am going to have to get in there and replace that belt some point

this summer :-(

Are the Jabba belts poor quality? I had mine done there last year and was told they'd replaced it with a "wide" belt.

i found this site the other night,http://www.corrado-club.com/corrado/faq/G60RebuildInfo.html

duno how much help it is.

got told the charger belt is easy to change, just put some tip ex marks on each cog to keep them inline slip it of and slip the new one on.

might give it a bash this weekend.

nothing much to it really...it can be done with the charger on the car

pulley off, airbox off for access etc

then line up the 2 notches at 12 oclcok with the marks in the casing....belt off, new one on...rotate it a few turns and double check the marks are still good

put the pulley and other bits and done