Sign in to follow this  
Radomad1

What alarm and does anyone know a good fitter

i'm looking for a cat 1 full closure alarm, but dont want to spend shed loads. What are the better options available? Also does anyone know anywhere decent to fit alarms in the Bristol/Gloucestershire area? The last time i got one fitted, the dude did a really bad job, and i'm sure he nicked a load of cigarettes out the glove box, cheeky skank. Anyway any useful input much appreciated folks.

Well, I have a Clifford 650i cat one that can have additions for full closure, remote start and all of that stuff. Had it fitted by Compact Car Audio in Aylesbury (maybe a bit far) and have not once had a false alarm, great guys there that know what they are doing. Can't remember cost, it was 2 years ago I had it done.

HTH

on my last cars, ive had toad Ai606 alarm fittd with dual zone proximity, a good alarm in my eyes, does everything you need, and can be suppld and fittd for about 200-250ish depending on where u go. the only thing it doesnt support is turbo timer function, thats why im not getting it this time on my g60, so the other option is clifford, i was quoted £505 to supply and fit a G5 i think it was with intellistart (remote start and turbo timer) with internal sensors and a choice of one other sensore (tilt and motion, dualzone microwave, glass break etc) but with the intellistart you dont get a certificate unless you get it fitted after the alarm as for insurence purposes it voids the cat1 due to the engine being running without you in the car. (unless you know the fitter ;))

hope that helps mate.

Toad Ai606 was the last alarm i had fitted. It cost £350 and it had full closure and bodywork protection (very good), but that was 2 yrs ago, not sure on prices now.

Im surprised there hasn't be a replacement for this yet as it is relatively old, although i suppose they have the approach of "not broke, dont fix"

my alarm bloke hates clifford he thinks they are way over priced, and will only fit toads. thats why on my last cars ive always had toads, u can buy the alarm for about 100quid on ebay and it has got a huuuuuuuggeee spec list on it total closure, interior light delay u can get it to operate booot and door poppers for de handled cars etc, and he used to charge me 100quid to fit as he is a close mate of mine, but people advertise the alarm fitd for about 250ish, in my opinioni think its still one of the top alarms avalible now,

but the only down side is it dont support turbo timer becuase once its armd it doesnt delay the circuit and detects the current drain and charge from the engine/alternator and it thinks the cars being nickd and ses the alarm of.

cheers for all your helpful suggestions guys. (not you dinkus!), think i'm going to go for the Toad if i can find it at a reasonable price. Sounds like a top notch bit of kit, hopefully it will keep any dirty little thieves away from my motor now!