Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Golf Mk1-6 Pics

Has anyone got a picture that a magazine did of all golf versions in a row?

Being googling for ages and can't seem to find it again.

Cheers

The GTI Spring Festival logo has all golfs lined up, all in the same colour as well. Dont know if its the one you are after though.

LINK

how about this one, just googled vw golf generations.

its quite depressing to see how much lardier and dull it has become with each incarnation, at least i dont think it can get any worse than the mk3 :lol:

how about this one, just googled vw golf generations.

its quite depressing to see how much lardier and dull it has become with each incarnation, at least i dont think it can get any worse than the mk3 :lol:

pedestrian safety, and crash impact zones etc are to blame :(

i quite like the way its evolved over the years are still maintained its throne so to speak, "golf gti" is almost a brand in its own right imo

Don't entirely agree about the MK3. Its sort of like the Corrado with the exception that the Corrado looked great from the factory, but both benefit from a little tweaking to make them look good. I do see a few MK3's around, and I still think a slightly fettled VR6 Highline with some decent alloy wheels is as good looking as any other dub :)

Don't entirely agree about the MK3. Its sort of like the Corrado with the exception that the Corrado looked great from the factory, but both benefit from a little tweaking to make them look good. I do see a few MK3's around, and I still think a slightly fettled VR6 Highline with some decent alloy wheels is as good looking as any other dub :)

Ditto :D

I agree there are some nice mk3's about, but in standard form i just think they are the most dull out of the lot, and after having taken a few apart i dont think they are very well built either, i have seen a few that where the front subframe bolts to the chassis the mounting points have completely rotted away, yet there are plenty of mk2's and corrado's that still look near perfect underneath.

did'nt one of the major car magazines have a giant lemon with a vw badge on its front cover after having the mk3 vr6 on long term test with the headline something along the lines of "thank got everything isnt as unreliable as the new golf vr6" :lol:

had to stick my 2p's worth in here, the mk3 is a great little car as a runnabout out the factory, you just have do a lot turning inot a propper hot hatch, my gti was a hoot and that only had 139bhp by the time i'd finished with it, cos it was an 8v it was great fun around town, plus it has the modern car comforts that the mk2 lacks... pas, leccy windows, aircon, sunroof, driver and passenger airbags etc.

Besides i cant fit in a mk1 so screw you all :lol:

had to stick my 2p's worth in here, the mk3 is a great little car as a runnabout out the factory, you just have do a lot turning inot a propper hot hatch, my gti was a hoot and that only had 139bhp by the time i'd finished with it, cos it was an 8v it was great fun around town, plus it has the modern car comforts that the mk2 lacks... pas, leccy windows, aircon, sunroof, driver and passenger airbags etc.

Besides i cant fit in a mk1 so screw you all :lol:

Yeah, I've had a mk2 and a couple of mk3s over the years. IMO the mk3 cabin is a much nicer place to be and the ABF engine is a gem I think. Can't wait to drive my 9A so I can compare the two.

Don't know if you've ever seen this book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VW-Golf-Five-Ge ... 331&sr=8-1

It's pretty good and has some pictures of all mks lined up.