Sign in to follow this  
Rimshot

Tyre stretches

:shock: thats a stretch!!! what happens when you get a slow puncture or something,wont the tyre be asking to pop off the rim?

ppl ask some funny questions,,, surely the same thing would happen on a normal wheel without a stretched tyre.....

really? as you would normally need to force the tyre on using a cheeter as the side wall is stretched so far from the edge of the rim? besides its all looks and no go...

Heres a Vid i found browsing youtube, of StyleDynamix putting the tyre on, i didnt realise they were filming it, although i do remember the POP! didnt seem that bad, should of ask them to put 205/40/16's on :lol:

and yes it is all looks, but its not all no go, does handle ok, but its not ideal... i know what you mean thou :wink:

Really! wots the point in payin for reinforced sidewall tyres and not using them? call me old fashioned :?

:shock: thats a stretch!!! what happens when you get a slow puncture or something,wont the tyre be asking to pop off the rim?

ppl ask some funny questions,,, surely the same thing would happen on a normal wheel without a stretched tyre.....

Normal tyres tend to stay seated when you drive them flat, I can't see stretched tyres doing the same, the bead would have to give pretty quickly.

I would imagine that the tyre would probably be more likely to fall back into the well and leave your shiney rim sat on the tarmac. You're going to be more at risk of punctures as the rims aren't making as good contact with the rim as a correctly fitting tyre does, and the sidewalls are exposed to anything on the road.

furkz' are some of the more stretched wheels on the forum...

Image6.jpg

their good for 140mph gets a bit twitch going along a long bend after that. tbh they behave better when going round bends has the tyre twists a little and i have more of the tyre face touching the ground.

because of the stretch and canber i have one groove of thread either side (inner and outer) not even touching the ground. so tyres still have bobbles on them after a year ;)

better pic showing some stretch (courtesy of bristolbaron)

764531596_23de671edd.jpg

(bet the purists are gonna love this post)

That is, and I use my words as eloquently as possible, fucking insane! Awesome work there, you must have balls the size of cantaloupe melons giving it stick on those stretches. Any pics of ground-down rims after that corner?

The future is looking bright 8)

the 2nd pic is just after a run from south east UK to leiden in holland ;) we were in a convoy of about 15 tuned vw's so take your guess what we were up to :shock: