Sign in to follow this  
vr6corrado

Loose centre console

Whilst putting in my forum sticker in my C. I decided to clean all the glass from the inside and in order to do so I was taking up various positions and contortions within the car. :wink:

Anyway the centre console seems to have worn itself a bit loose as a result of this, I think I banged against it whilst turning round. How do I tighten it again? I can't see any screws except one below the handbrake which appeared to be tight, yet that's where it appears to be attached to nothing. :?

Theres another screw underneath, take out the rear ashtray........and look inside the cavity towards the gearstick...

Theres two parts to the handbrake surrond the top part is help on with two screws and the bottom black plastic bit is held on to the carpet with four round plastic nut things, dont yank these things are fragile and will break easily

HTH.

Majik

The screw under the rear ashtray seems tight and the one under the handbrake seems to be attached to nothing which is why is the console is loose I think. Think the part it should attach to is broken.

Also the plastic piece which covers the metal of the handbrake is broken so I have bought another one but how do I get the actual handbrake handle off so I can attach it?

There is a tab at the base at the back of the hand break- push that in with a small srewdriver and pull the handbreak cover off- mine was quite stubben - but i eventually "persuaded" it.

The handbrake cover can only go on by taking the handbrake handle off. On mine, i did this by pulling it forwards, and it slipped of eventually. Try not to damage the leather cover while pulling it forward. Then your new wedge shaped cover should slide straight back on. Let me know if u get stuck again.

Having trouble getting the handle off. It's difficult to actually to see the underside of the handle. Made the centre console worse too. I'm considering sticking the console down with double sided tape! As you may have guessed I'm not very good at this DIY thing as simple as it may seem :(