Sign in to follow this  
wez106

newby

alright everyone getting a corrado soon and just debating what model i was just flicking through the tec data on the sit and it says the 1.8 is 0-60 in 8.7 but the 2.0 is 10.6 thinking of going for a 1.8 anyway is there any bug bears i should know cheers wez

First off, welcome to the fold! :D

Im assuming you mean the valvers? Only ever owned the 2.0 8v which was my first corrado a few years ago, which is the slowest of the range, but suited me fine at the time. It wasnt slow just not as fast as the G60 i owed or the VR i now have. BUT if youre on about the 16v'ers ive heard the 1.8 is the best one to go for - im sure someone will turn up to give you more info. As for which model to go for in general, it depends what you want from the car.

1.8 may be slight quicker, although I've heard they're pretty much on par. But with the 2.0 you'll be able to get a later model car with nicer stuff like rotary heater controls that you'll need to fix.

Welcome to the forum :D

Yes, trust me, the 2.0 has a lot of things that need fixing. Well mine does anyway.... As VR6 says you get the later styling and interior (think mk3 golf) with the 2.0 which I think is a bonus because I prefer the way the later cars look. Go out and meet a few and make your own mind up on that though.

thanks for that lads yep i was thinking about the valvers the 1.8 sounds good though nothing brakeing :lol: