Sign in to follow this  
JasonSanders

Hello, Im new

Hi, Im new,

Im 18, a student and a complete car nut, mostly vw and vaux

Im hopefully picking up a corrado g60 tomorrow and have already started planning some mods.

Starting with a set of bmw e36(i think) lights as ive been told they fit on a corrado with a little bit of chopping, then will be fitting a full lumma rsf1 kit to the car excluding the rear spoiler but will be adding an rieger window spoiler.

Some half red/white tint rear clusters

Getting rid of the front seats and getting some nice reclining buckets and getting rear bench retrimmed to match. Will be sitting it on some deep dish Azev A's and it will then be doing for a respray in black with a red pearl over the top.

And then ofcourse top it off with a nice alpine dvd/cd/nav sound system

so, any comments and anyone done a car that resembles the above? :)

your a student,18 years old,planning a whole host of body-kit bits,Azev-A's,a s***-load of interior mods and a bespoke respray.............how can you manage to afford the insurance yet alone all those mods????????????? :wink: :wink: :wink:

anyway if you have a look at cheesy's motor in the members gallery that'll give you some idea to what some mods look-like done to a C he also has the e-36 Headlights..........personally the C takes to subtle mods a lot better than what you have planned........but its your C,money and inclination

it was either the mulla rsf1 fit or a kit similar to this

http://mk1.usererror.org.uk/corrado.jpg

anyway, insurance is easy, register it dads name and i have drive any other vehicle on my insurance and as its only going to be used at the weekends sorted.

I have a friend who is a dab hand with a spray gun and will do any work i want at cost. Body bits arent that expensive if you dont have to pay to get them fitted and the interior mods isnt a problem as i have a contact to works making aircraft seats for a living and will re trim something for me in his lunch break.

The only real costs will be the front seats and the wheels (if i dont go for the lumma kit and go for the other kit i wont go for deep dish alloys) but i can get alloys at trade cost anyway :D its nice to know the right people

it was either the mulla rsf1 fit or a kit similar to this

http://mk1.usererror.org.uk/corrado.jpg

anyway, insurance is easy, register it dads name and i have drive any other vehicle on my insurance and as its only going to be used at the weekends sorted.

Welcome to the group

one of our other member has had a small problem with insurance and doing what you are going to do

As of November this year no one under 25 can go on a older persons policy or someything like that. I'd look into this beofre you buy if i were you mate.

G60Jet so far that depends on the insurance company, but u may be right :)

i remember when i was 18 i wanted a xr2i, dont ask why and they wanted 2700 for insurance lol.......

as nigel has pointed out this could well be a loophole thay are closing......and if you read carefully your small print "drive any other vehicle" normally only covers cars of similar or lower insurance groups to the policy that you have entitling you to do this......unless it states otherwise which it might.............also someone else on here (i think) told of a story concerning someone with a BMW 330Ci(IIRC) that was under their dad's insurance with them as a named driver to get the costs down as they were only 18/19yo.....all was hunky dory til there was a claim and so the insurance sent out an assessor to inspect the motor and as they were really dealing with the guy's father as he was registered keeper and policyholder they asked certain questions about the insured car to which his father who was used to his merc didn't have a clue about.......the assessor duly voided the claim and they lost thousands........

anyway welcome to the forum :wink: ..............

ive checked with my insurance company which is norwich union and they dont mind

......until you come to claim, that is ;)

norwhich union are one of the best companies man and tend to be well expensive no matter what u drive under 25

well i dont intend on crashing and if i do crash ill be aiming for a tree or other object that wont claim against me.

I check with norwich union because i sometimes use my dads v6 vectra and they said you only ever go by your insurance not what it says on the car owners policy because if i crash it while im driving the insurance leapfrogs over the owners insurance straight to mine.

It means my insurance is way more expensive from them than any where else but they dont mind about drive any car,

Oh and the loop hole is about being on someones insurance as a named driver, i wont be mentioned on the insurance

well i dont intend on crashing and if i do crash ill be aiming for a tree or other object that wont claim against me.

I check with norwich union because i sometimes use my dads v6 vectra and they said you only ever go by your insurance not what it says on the car owners policy because if i crash it while im driving the insurance leapfrogs over the owners insurance straight to mine.

It means my insurance is way more expensive from them than any where else but they dont mind about drive any car,

Oh and the loop hole is about being on someones insurance as a named driver, i wont be mentioned on the insurance

well i think we can safely say that everyone on here doesn't intend on crashing :wink: .........also driving any other car normally only covers you Third Party......so even if you were Fully Comp'd on your Policy if you had an accident driving someone else's car you would/should only be covered 3rd party only........unless you know different :wink:

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a definite plan on your mind and that you also have loads of useful contacts! I'm still wanting to keep my rado standard but each to their own. All the best :)

your a student,18 years old,planning a whole host of body-kit bits,Azev-A's,a s***-load of interior mods and a bespoke respray.............how can you manage to afford the insurance yet alone all those mods?????????????

A slight missunderstanding or the term 'student loan' i think... LOL

I certainly didn't intend crashing :shock: - If you have an accident you don't usually have the choice to aim for a tree or post - first thing I knew about my recent crash was when I saw a Mondeo stuck to my bonnet :shock:

look what happened to mine! (follow "slightly modified front end" link in my sig..)

First accident I've had in 18 years of driving that was my fault... (what a p1$$er that it was in most loved car I've had in those 18 years though!)

£4500 repair bill so far....

Just a cautionary tale (not meaning to put you off like ;-) ) you just can't predict the unpredictable

Aye... accidents don't usually happen through choice.

"Aha! Today I am going to put my car into this hedge!!"