Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

Leaving polish/wax on overnight?

how do you rate the megs NXT tech wax?

i received one of those megs NXT detailing kits in a cool bag as a present, so should i bother with that or just get the AG stuff?

how do you rate the megs NXT tech wax?

i received one of those megs NXT detailing kits in a cool bag as a present, so should i bother with that or just get the AG stuff?

For your "Average" Joe (ie not Rob) both are similar... I have both but prefer the 3 stage Megs (but using Gold Class wax rather than step 3) on my Pearl Gay as it leaves a deeper shine..I tend to do this 2/3 time a year, (partly to save paint from over polishing and also because it takes best part of 1/2 day!). but saying that I've been topping that up with AG UDS followed by a shot of Megs wax and that keeps the shine up...

On Reds I recommend the EGP from usining it on my Mars Red Skyrocket (Mars is a beatch as it turns Orangy-pink) regular useage kept it looking tip top, followed by waxing/EGP when I had some.

If you do get UDS/SRP/EGP etc.. it's important to keep it away from extremes in temps (Hot and cold) as it breaks the products down.. as I have learned from leaving SRP in a car before.. turns it to water...

If you do get UDP/SRP/EGP etc.. it's improtant to keep it away from extremes in temps (Hot and cold) as it breaks the products down.. as I have learned from leaving SRP in a car before.. turns it to water...

Just to add to this part which i have said many times before, DO NOT use UDS followed by EGP as the EGP will not bond to it, EGP is designed to work on top of SRP which it does very well, if you put it on top of UDS you will just be wiping it straight off again and you wont have any protection. So if using UDS use a wax after.

EGP, UDS, SRP?? WTF

EGP = Extra Gloss Protection

UDS = Ultra Deep Shine

SRP = Super Resin Polish

Come on Karl keep up mate :roll: :lol:

That will be £78.50 sir..... :lol:

I'm just about to order some wax off ebay but can't make my mind up which one !..... either victoria concours, collinite 476s or collinite 915s ?

My G60 is aqua blue so i thought AG Super Resin Polish then AG Extra Gloss Protection then one of the above waxes to finish.

Does that sound ok ?

Cheers Chris.

That will be £78.50 sir..... :lol:

I'm just about to order some wax off ebay but can't make my mind up which one !..... either victoria concours, collinite 476s or collinite 915s ?

My G60 is aqua blue so i thought AG Super Resin Polish then AG Extra Gloss Protection then one of the above waxes to finish.

Does that sound ok ?

Cheers Chris.

SRP followed by EGP is a great combo and followed by a good wax is even better. On your colour i wouldnt use 476s, it will be good enough and will last bloody ages but it may cloud the finish a bit as its not really suited for darker colours. The 915 is better as it has a higher nuba content giving a much better finsh on darker colours and lasts just as long ie AGES! The concours is superb wax as i use it on mine, it doesnt last as long as the collinite though so is more about the show, but if you dont mind topping up a bit more i would go for that. But if you are going to spend around £30 on the concours then you could also go for DODO Juice which has recently come out, i havent tried it but have seen it used and it gives an amazing finish and lasts pretty well iirc.

Lovely, thanks for the reply herisites. Yes the Dodo juice gets a good read up.... there are a few flavours. rain rorest, lightfantastic,orange crush,banana armour (bananarama) and purple haze..think i'm going to hold out for the ratatouille & pineapple :lol: .