Sign in to follow this  
junkie

Possessed speedo

My speedo works fine when driving normally

It even works fine when i get to naughty numbers under gentle accleration

but when i floor the throttle and its around 80mph it shoots round to 120mph (and im not bragging either) wish i could do 80-120mph in 0.2 seconds, then it just bounces all over the place until i back off the throttle and in almost an instant it reads correctly again.

Who has experienced this strange phenonema and managed to beat the demons that once possessed your clocks?

No neither.

Engine been out and rebuilt and haltech engine management fitted, since then its been like that and thats around 3 months, at 1 point but only for an hour the speedo stopped working altogether then came back the same, also for a couple of weeks it worked fine but for the most part its been possessed.

So possibly like you say could be to do with the gearbox?

i had that problem on my G60, turned out the speedo sensor on the gearbox was cream cracker'd. get one from VW, they are about £20 and take about 30 seconds for a blind man to fit.

Any1 know where this speedo sensor is located, through the bay under the car and what does it look like?

It fits in the top of the diff housing, and the loom plugs in at 90 degrees to the sensor as G60SC_Stoney has said. Can't really miss it to be honest.

Cheers guys will have a look when i get time.

Any part number i need to know for my trip to the stealers?