Sign in to follow this  
Dubsingh

Misssfire at idle and start up but ok when revd??

timing is spot on. but the car is being weird it seems to idle lumpy and sounds like its missing, soon as i throttle up it misses then smoothes out. when i let go of the throttle its fine for a few seconds then it goes back to missing....what have i done wrong or wot have i overlooked? plz help as i wana gether back on the road asap

problem solved after shocking my self a couple of time whilst working out which cylinder was causing the messed idle and performance it turned out number one injetor wire had a cut leading to poor signal and injector malfunction, now fixed off to get the co2 set right tomo....

finished rebuilding my G60 but have uncovered a few niggly problems

1, the odo meter resets its self when the car ignition is turned off and it seems the display only comes on when the car is started. there is no display when the ignition is turned off

2, the fuel gauge is being a a pain it dose not show full tankwhen topped up it goes half way then drops to zero, till there is only a quater tank of fuel left then it rises

3, my interior lights seems to have vanished.

i am going to have a poe around the car to see if i can trouble shoot but though i might aswell post on here so i have summin to read and compare when i get back

Many thanks in advance