Sign in to follow this  
fla

sparking noise

Strange one this - just doing some checks on the car and whilst running, there is a sparking type of noise every so often, similar to when you test a plug. Never noticed it before, but i would have assumed that if it were the spark plug it would be continuous? I cant see anything tbh. Any ideas? Maybe related to the injectors? Its only on the left hand side of the engine near to the fpr and fule feed/return pipes.

Have you got a coil pack on your vr? I assume it's probably that breaking down. Wait till it's getting dark and start it up, you'll probably see arcs jumping somewhere on the ignition system. Try cleaning the area and spraying it with wd40, the coilpacks can be repaired...

Tom

THe thing is the noise is on the other side of the block. Might be worth checking the coilpack anyway though.

Try looking at the leads connecting to the spark plugs, i had this on one of my leads, the electric wasnt running down to the plug and earthing on the block.