Sign in to follow this  
sim0n_parker

body panals diffrent from early and late?

right then, soon as ive gatherd a few bits up its a trip down to my mates body shop to get them sprayed up and fitted, but first i need to know is the front and rear bumpers diffrent on early / late models? can hey be interchanged? also the front wings are they diffrent? my car is a K reg (1992) G60, but it has the early interior but has got the bonnet that goes __----__

it has got ABS if that helps? im abit stuck on what mine is.

many thanks

simon

If your fogs and indicators are screwed in then you have an early bumper and therefore the narrower wings

Some J and K reg G60s had late exteriors but still had early interiors. DanVW's car is an example of this.

Early ones the indicators have a screw in one of the top corners.

On late the indicators are spring loaded into a surround mounted on the fog light..

Late fogs and indicators are also flush, early units are set back nearly an inch into the bumper.

i have found a bolt/screw srt back in between the fog and indicater in the top corner? is this he one to remove the lighs or like an adjusting screw to aim te beam of the fog light?

if i get a pic will this help identfy~? i need to know what one i have as i want to get a wing as its going in the ody shop pretty soon.

chears

simon

i always thought that it was, 1.8 16v early, 2.0l 16v and 8v and vr late

then most g60's were early exept some later g60's which had later bonnet, wings, headlights, grille but had early bumpers and interior

im sure someone more in the know will comfirm/correct this

hi fellas thought id hijack this thread just to ask a simular question see this for sale

61f7_1.JPG

but i see its got a black piece im assuming plastic on the lower right hand side below the indicator, but on my 1992 C its all metal painted red does the plastic strip pull off or is it something different between early and late models, the wing is from a 1990 C doesnt state which model many thanks in advance :D

I would assume that the black bit is underseal put on there because it had been rusty. Possibly.

ive e-mailed the seller about this wing and he says its early spec now from doin a search i believe my panels are late spec as the bonnet is shaped

like this ___-----___

does this mean that the wings are definitly late spec is there any other way of finding out for definate that my C is late spec???

also did the wing mirrors change at all between late and early spec?? thanks in advance :D