Sign in to follow this  
Dutch24V

Oil pressure switch location q

Does it matter in which position the 2 oil pressure switches are located on the oil filter housing?

I know the yellow wire is for high and the blue for low pressure, but it's the actual position of the switches themselves that's causing my confusion. I've been told that it does matter as one is supplied oil form the crank case and the other from the cylinder head, so hence 2 different pressures hence the switches must be in the correct hole.

Is this right? I thought the oil going into the housing came from one source and hence must be the same pressure at both switches?

The reason I'm asking is due to the location of the same switches on my 24v oil filter housing and if this will make a difference or not?

Dutch

Well, in answer to my own question yes it does matter as I've swapped them over and no more annoying buzzer :)

Dutch

Well, in answer to my own question yes it does matter as I've swapped them over and no more annoying buzzer :)

Dutch

the late 4cyl housings have 3 drillings, the third to incorporate a temperature sender on some 8v cars, if you look at the unit off the car the late housing has a by-pass valve of some kind, presumably to enable oil flow in the event of a filter clogging (not all filters have built in by-pass valves), although the 3rd drilling has the same thread as the others and is usually blanked off on 16v 2.0L corrados with one of those hex head bolts/plugs, it doesn't have the same oil pressure feed as the other two drillings so you can't site one of the pressure senders there.

So this seems like a similar setup on the 6cyl.

Dutch

I wish i could lose my annoying buzzer on my valver :lol: