Sign in to follow this  
Jurgen TDI

Turbo, InterCooler, 6gear, 200+bhp, 420NM torque.... MOD!

Finally, the technical setup is complete!

the CYP 5gearbox has been replaced by the EFF 6gearbox, and intercooler has been replaced by a VW LT (Mercedes Sprinter) IC!

Tuesday the proper software setup is due to change, and a fine 200+bhp and 420NM will emerge!

6bak01.jpg

old TDI setup...

6bak02.jpg

6bak03.jpg

engine comes out...

6bak04.jpg

110bhp CYP gearbox down, EFF 6gearbox up!

steun.jpg

gearbox mountpoints moved...

poetsen01.jpg

cleaningjob 'under the hood...'

egr.jpg

No more EGR circulation...

pook01.jpg

analogue cockpit makes place for digital...

IC1.jpg

almost complete now!

IC2.jpg

see that intercooler!

laag1.jpg

KW-2 suspentionset...

laag2.jpg

motor2.jpg

again, almost complete now...

cockpit1.jpg

6pook2.jpg

no need to say more...

final6bak.jpg

except chiptuning and cleaning, this is the final result.

:wink:

Personally. i despise Diseasels, BUT, i cant but compliment you on the conversion with the quality of work etc.

Your Corrado looks REALLY Nice too!

Soooooo looooow!! :D:D:D:D

Personally. i despise Diseasels

dubster82, you havn't driven a Golf GTDI PD 150 then!

Easily matches my 170bhp G60 for power and response with loads more torque and better gearing.... I only went to test drive because I was bored one day and nearly ended up buying it! but then I realised it was not a corrado!

Jurgen TDI, looks supperb mate :) , what is your estimate on the cost of the conversion and the labour time? Any major problems /tips??

costs estimated totally: 25.000 euro's.

Problems:

6box mounting, fuelpump, wireingsystem...

@supercharged:

Yeah.... I have a MK4 TDI 96Kw stationwagon also...

It can't work against the power, weight and acceleration of my corrado!

Will that intercooler withstand up to 400bhp?? what do you have to modify to make it fit? Also what are the dimensions - LengthxHeightxDepth??

I'm trying to find a sutable intercooler for my 20v conversion. You might have solved it for me!!

Ben

The Rallye Golf G60 has a perfect withstand upto 400bhp, since the LT intercooler has plastic endcaps / tanks. If the turbopressure is more than 1.5bar, the caps sometimes will blow-off.

I'll say, the Rallye Golf G60 is suitable for your project.

Although, costs (including pipes and bends) are estimated at 600euro's.

I'd love a run in that C

I think you've done a great job there Jurgen 8)

Do you know if the standard 159bhp Transporter would fit into a Corrado? If it did it would take away the moddng intercooler problems!

Well done again m8

I don't think that would take away the IC problem.

The problem is to place it somewhere/how to fit.

In my case, the IC is placed upfront the subframe between the headlights, so cutting away some peaces of the chassis was ineverable.

In case of a RS bumper, the LT IC MIGHT proubably fit in the bumper, just in front of the subframe. By then, you don't have to make much modification to the chassis I guess.

I'm almost sure a 159hp Transporter engine won't fit, it's a complete different geometry!

cool thanks for the reply. but I don't think the G60 one is up to the job. I've been told to get a bigger one than a G60. I think I will just have to have one made up.

cheers

Yeah I know, I've been told that its on its MAX @ 320-350bhp, so I want to upgrade further to one a bit like young G-man's specially built one. I've had a quote for a 800x360x80mm - thats with x2 40mm cores side by side - it will be able to handle 600-800+ bhp. I think that will be ok??

mine won't be as powerful as 600bhp.. I'm looking for 360bhp ish to begin with. I have just been in a Merc dealership to enquire about a Sprinter intercooler like yours they said it would be about £180, which in Euros I don't have a clue what it works out to be. I'm really interested in it at that price. Have you got any dimensions for it and any more pics of it close up. Any chance I might be able to cut off the plastic end caps and weld metal ones on instead??

cool, cheers mate, thanks for your help. I'm really going to consider it as an option. To have that custom made one I mentioned earlier, made will cost over double the price of the Sprinter van one.

Not sure what the pressure rating is for it as know one seems to know! However I have been told that it will handle upto 400bhp. A number of people have used them and reported that they do a good job.

Its massive!

970mm width

300mm Height

50mm Depth with 38mm core depth

The only down side is the plastic inlet and outlet pipes, but then I'm only running a max of 1.3 bar of boost so it should't be a problem for me.

Ben