Sign in to follow this  
dubster82

new wheels VR owners ?

i tihnk they look good. good price too!

[web]https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.oneandon ... 00x283.jpg[/web]

Polo 2002 on 9N Evo colour concept wheels

Change the colour of this wheel in minutes using coloured inserts. Change the look of your wheel from alloy to red, blue or black!!

Order number: 1J6071492A666

Our price: 128.50 GBP

217.77 USD

plus 17.5% VAT

???? they work out about 160 per wheel....

My OZ's are over 170 per wheel. so they're cheap.

Proper VW wheels too. good offset to make a VR look mean :evil:

And you can add in Black inserts which look ok in the pics

Tom, what do you mean? in comparrison to a set of 16's?

Cause these are 17's only.

Sorry Brian, I posted my reply before the whole of your message loaded so I missed most of it. I was just wondering what the price was for a set of 16's.

The price isn't too bad considering they're 17's but you're still looking at over £1k once you have tyres.

They would look good though, I imagine. Any pics with them on a car?

set of four, your lookin at 640. that leaves 360 for tyres to keep it under a grand/

you will find tyres under 90 for the corner, i tihnk Toyo's are under this. perfect.

In comparrison to other these are well priced, especially for what they are.

aint seen em on a corrado or similar, but found them and thought they looked good.

found em here, http://www.vagparts.com/

On this issue of wheels...

I've just put a deposit on a Storm (and am very happy) and I am picking it up this week. The wheels are the originals and are in need of a recon.

Two questions -

a) anyone how much this costs ?

b) Should I save the recon money and put it towards 17" wheels. The Corrado does look better with the bigger wheels. Is it sacriledge to put different wheels on a Storm ?

Ryk,

I had my Solitudes reconditioned by Spit and Polish (based in Kent) and am very happy with them - they still look immaculate (or will do when I've washed them). Cost (about 18 months ago) was £50 per wheel inc tyres on/off, valves and balancing. They will collect from the nearest authorised agent to you and turn them round in a week (and some agents will lend you some wheels). If you do get them reconditioned, give them a good dose of normal car polish (Autoglym, etc) before you use them, as this helps keep the crap from sticking and makes cleaning them a doddle.

I'd keep the Solitudes, because (a) I'd keep a good Storm as stock as possible (otherwise, given a Storm is a purely cosmetic VR6 variant, you might as well get a non-Storm VR6 if you intend to mod it) and (b) I like them. Cheque? For 2p? Bloody students!

David

Ryk, Bud, if you wanna put bigger wheels on your rad? go for it bud.

Storms, there are 500 of them.

Storms a set of wheels no one else has? 1.

more unique than 500 i think you'll find.

I'm expecting some smartarse to answer this but at the end of the day, its your car. if you want to keep the Solitudes however, re-con them.

Corrados look good on many wheels, you could get bigger 6 spokes to keep em guesing, or something else completly.

Its up to you. if youir feeling flush, id have both!!! :lol:

i even have 3 grills for mine so i can change the look of it anytime i want :D

Ryk,its probably one of the "joys" of having a storm in that if you take the solitudes away from it (unless its mystic blue) then it more or less loses its identity as a storm......if i were you i would get the solitudes reconditioned and maybe do something very subtle with them......for example i have mine finished with a silver-sparkle effect which is pretty nice in sunlight(even if i do say so myself)........i've also seen them finished in an anthracite effect(so it hides brake dust) though i reckon that this effect is really best pulled off with a mystic blue stormat the end of the day reconditioning them will be a lot cheaper than buying new wheels...........the decision is up to you :wink:

Seen something i've never seen before. a Red VR6 Corrado with the BBS solitudes.

Not only Storms have them then....

(disclaimer: i know only storms were fitted with them.......)

Seen something i've never seen before. a Red VR6 Corrado with the BBS solitudes.

Not only Storms have them then....

(disclaimer: i know only storms were fitted with them.......)

normally parks in talisman's car-park :wink:

btw golf colour concepts and golf vr6 highlines were also solitude equipped from new :wink: :p