Sign in to follow this  
studentgti

Newbie Hello + MKII --> Corrado Qs

First of all I wanted to say hello to everyone, I've been reading here for a while and thought it was time to make a post!

Recently bought myself a 1991 2.0l Corrado (moving on from a MKII Golf Gti) and this forum has been excellent in answering lots of the questions I had, so a big thanks for that (will post some pics up soon!).

I do have a couple of questions though that I don't seem to be able to answer with the search button!

I've got a lot of MKII bits kicking around, and I know that coilies are a straight swap so they'll be going on the C asap, but I've also got uprated ARBs and front and rear strut braces - will any of these parts fit straight on to the C? I've noticed on a couple of websites the ARB part numbers seem to be the same, but can't find any reference of anyone trying before.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

pretty sure it should all fit ok, the only bits that could be a problem are the front brace which may interfere with the bonnet depending on the manufacturer, and the rear parcel shelf support may need trimming down a bit to fit the rear brace.

Hello and welcome to the forum! Lets see some piccies of your new motor! :)

You might wanna check your car again mate.. unless its had engine work, it shouldn't be a 2.0 if its 1991. Pre 1992 cars were either 1.8 G60's or 1.8 16v's, and 92> were 2.0 16v or 2.9 VR6's, with a 2.0 8v showing up around 94-95.....

That's a good point - it's on a J plate so it must be 1992 then, I'll have to have a check...

Definately a 2.0 thought, although it appears to have been made mid change over as it's got the later spec exterior but what I assume is the early interior. I'll get some pics up as soon as it's got its new bonnet on (old one was knackered) and I've got rid of the seriously crappy wheels it came with - had the car 2 months and it's only sad on the driveway so far... :(

There is one thing I haven't been able to work out yet having never owned one before, what does the small stubby stalk behind the main one on the steering column on the left hand side do? I assume this will become clear when I drive it, but haven't got that far yet!

There is one thing I haven't been able to work out yet having never owned one before, what does the small stubby stalk behind the main one on the steering column on the left hand side do? I assume this will become clear when I drive it, but haven't got that far yet!

Think you might be referring to the steering column height adjustment dealy bob mate. Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum and corrado ownership! :thumbleft:

Think you might be referring to the steering column height adjustment dealy bob mate. Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum and corrado ownership! :thumbleft:

I thought it was the steering column height adjusment oojimaflip.

Bonjour, welcome and get some pics up!

I thought it was the steering column height adjusment oojimaflip.

Bonjour, welcome and get some pics up!

Sorry, I stand corrected! :lol: