Sign in to follow this  
jackflash

Crashing your Corrado is...

...possibly the most gutting thing I have ever done in my life. Went round a wet right hander with a dodgy camber on a country lane yesterday (a mate rolled a car there a few years back so I should have known it was a threat), got some lovely lift off oversteer as I tried to correct the car aquaplaning, managed to do a 360 across the road into a hedge but clipped both sides of the car on the way round so it looks like someone's been at it from all sides. From the outside it looks repairable (need to get it on a ramp and check), but it's one of those instances where the bodywork will probably be a good £1500 perhaps more, whilst my excess as a young driver is £900 so it's still not worth claiming off the insurance. Also not highly amused that my £1200 worth of suspension work was only finished about 2 weeks ago and is possibly not quite as KW intended now :( :( :(

£900 excess! :shock: Oh mate, that sounds terrible. The other thing is if you claim your insurance company will most likely write it off. :( :( :(

no bumps and scrapes to yourself I hope, crashing a car is one of the worst experiences, one of those times where you just wish you could turn back the clock.

That's a major bummer on the cash side, no point in notifying anyone as long as no one else was involved.

Luckily I walked away without a bruise, was pretty impressed by ability of the seats to hold me in the accident actually (on a positive note!). The stupid thing is the rado is only valued at £2000 on the policy because I managed to buy it very cheap and stupidly I just told them the price I paid for it when taking out the policy, whereas the true figure it was worth was probably £3000-3500, but in their eyes any claim over £2000 would make it a write off. You live and learn I suppose...