Sign in to follow this  
jonny-5

KR 1.9 headgasket

I read in an old post once that you use an ABF head gasket on a KR when it's been bored out, in this case 1.9 (ish). So i bought an ABF gasket from VAG and it doesn't fit very well at all. Yes i have got it the right way up, but one of the location pins does not fit at all, neither do some of the oil holes. I don't want to use it as it's a bit dodgy.

Anyway it's a KR bored out to 83.5mm (i think) and using a KR head and the ABF h/g part number is 048 103 383 D.

Can anyone shed some light as to which head gasket to use?

The late ADY (and AGG) uses the 048 103 383 D, the earlier ADY and 2E uses the B, the only difference being one is composite and the other metal. The D should fit, what is the problem?

Like i say the ABF one i got doesn't very well at all. In that the locating slots and pin don't line up and neither do some of the oil passages. The actual head gasket it's self only has a part of a part number which is 048 383D. It's a beast of a head gasket, could i have been given the wrong one?

Oh ok thanks for the help, i thought about knocking the pin out but i thought i'd better ask first! Thanks again.