Sign in to follow this  
COUGS

anti-rollbar

hi guys , anyone no were i can get front anti-roll bar for the front of my c , dont want a standard one would like a uprated one and what kind of price are they,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:

Most rollbars are sold in pairs. Eibach do some, about £250

Which model of C have you got? The ones off a G60 or VR are prolly bigger than that of a 16V.

Gavin

Two types as far as I know.

Eibach - only sell as a complete kit - front and back (front is 22mm, dunno about the rear). About £250 (tho to do it right, you need a pair of front eyebolt bushes from powerflex £30, as for some reason they aren't supplied)

Neuspeed - do several different thicknesses. Rear is also adjustable. I was on the site the other night and i think the prices were around $190 (??)each. Convert that to pounds.

BTW, if you're only going for 1 arb get the rear. Much more benefit from upgrading the rear. The standard front arb is pretty good, so upgrading is only marginally better. With just the front one, the car may handle well wierd :shock: .

cheers will give them a try , , , just the front i need , fixing up a damage repairable c just now , , , ,the arb has been grinded to fit the bushes by the looks of it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :mad:

I've used both Eibach and Neuspeed and my own preference is Neuspeed. They are better made than Eibach and are engineered for a better fit, which is reflected in the price.

The front is 25mm and fixed and you get the choice of 25 or 28mm 3 stage rear adjustables. Relaxed, regular and stiff. Only go for the 28mm if you think you can control oversteer in the wet! Otherwise go with the 25mm set to regular.

The rear attachs to the torsion beam in the same way as the MK1 Golf GTI, i.e. metal brackets and uses rose joints to allow the torsion to maintain it's natural movement over bumps. These must be lubed with plenty of copper grease, otherwise they'll seize, so Nspeeds are not fit-and-forget like the Eibachs.

Both are excellent, but if you want that little extra and a higher standard of fit and finish, it has to be Neuspeed :lol:

I have just the 25mm rear Nspeed on my VR and that alone has erradicated body roll, so don't feel the need for a front one for the time being.

Kev

cheers kev , , , , , , looks like im going for the neuspeed ones , be on the road soon just the bumper to decide on from reiger,,,,,,,,,,, :shock: