Sign in to follow this  
BIG D

Boost pressure gauge for my G60.

Have searched the net for a gauge (including fitting kit) and can't find one........ :(

Anybody have any ideas where i can purchase one from?

Thanks

You can use pretty much any type of boost and/or vacuum gauge, there not car specific so just find one that looks nice and that is the right size. As for the fitting kit demon tweaks sell them you've just got to make sure that the thread on your gauge matches that of the adaptor in the kit.

Autometer make a really good one. Reads vacuum as well as boost and reads from 0-20psi. Oh, and it doesn't have turbo plastered all over it which is a bonus. It's their sport comp series one.

Used to have an Autometer gauge in my old G60.. I don't believe they're especially cheap but they're nice quality and understated which is always a good thing. Worth having a search on here for "autometer" as links to some good places to buy them from have come in the past :)

I think mine is quite understated its a Mocal gauge from demon tweeks, think it was £30ish to be safe say £5ish with the fitting kit then +for the pod.

Depends what gauge pod you are using and if you want to keep a factory look.

The G60s would only have taken the early 2 x 52mm gauge fascia that sits in the centre console in front of the gearstick, these are obsolete and quite frankly change hands for some silly money (£50+) but do fit well and are factory. If you go for that option then you can either fit the oil pressure gauge or the battery volts gauge to go with the boost one. Personally the oil pressure guage is much more useful, again a sender and gauge are still listed and available for the corrado at about £100 for the two.

As for a boost guage that is OEM I have ordered one from here that is also a factory look item. They also do an oil pressure gauge kit for considerably less than VW want for the sender and gauge here but I am unsure if it is electrically operated like the VW one or if it requires an oil line into the car.