Sign in to follow this  
cheesy

Brembo Brakes Fitted *Pics*

Very important point, glad it was mentioned as i got a shock the second i saw the calipers!

This forum has a very valid use where advise can be given to everyone from the four corners of the world!

Good call aposegil !

Chris

thanx alot chris

Im all for everyone doing their own work on their cars like i do myself but when it comes to safety i like to keep ontop of things if you know what i mean.

its just me sharing my on advise :D always glad to help another vw dude

Gonna get them changed over as soon as.

Cars off the road again as of 2morrow, getting my interior and install sorted.

The Guy who did em for me will sort um out

Don't you need to run 17"s with the 5 stud setup?

16s can be used but offset and spoke design are critical. No dished rims with these brakes! Azev As, which are moderately dished, don't even clear standard VR6 calipers, so you can imagine the fun and games you're going to have with the Brembos!

My mate's 18s on his Cupra R only just clear the calipers.....and they come with the 'Big reds' as standard!

Kev

So guys where can I get the 4 point brake kit that is bolton for the Corrado VR6 and does someone sell them on the forum?

//Norbert

So guys where can I get the 4 point brake kit that is bolton for the Corrado VR6 and does someone sell them on the forum?

//Norbert

I also said this in the other thread about these, but, have a word with Bill over at Badger5... That's who I got my kit off, and I'd bet he'd know what'll fit the VR... 8)

Okey I got an email from BILL but hey 675£ isnt that a bit expensive ? I thought they were like 400£ ?

//NOBY

Okey I got an email from BILL but hey 675£ isnt that a bit expensive ? I thought they were like 400£ ?

//NOBY

That amount of money will be for th 5x100 vr6 version and that will come with 312mm discs in stead of 305mm

Its about £450 for the 4x100 305mm version

//NOBY

That amount of money will be for th 5x100 vr6 version and that will come with 312mm discs in stead of 305mm

Its about £450 for the 4x100 305mm version

Well at the dealer for the g60 one is 375£ asked a guy on this forum that bought from the dealer... so it aint no 450..

//Norbert

The places that are selling the kits for the corrado charge about £450 and that includes the custom braided hoses that you will need

Buying direct from the dealer will probably be cheaper, but then you will have to buy the custom hoses separately

Well at the dealer for the g60 one is 375£ asked a guy on this forum that bought from the dealer... so it aint no 450..

//Norbert

I paid just under £450 for mine from Badger5, I didn't want the hassle of having to go to Seat and VW garages to get the parts, and then having to get pipes made up and the like... It was sooo much easier just to pick up the phone, tell Bill what I wanted, hand over my credit card details and hang up the phone... 8) :wink:

Also, it for any weird reason it doesn't fit properly, I've got some come-back to him as it's specced for my car from his company, rather than bits from other dealers who'll just look at you in a funny way... :roll: :lol:

//Norbert

I paid just under £450 for mine from Badger5, I didn't want the hassle of having to go to Seat and VW garages to get the parts, and then having to get pipes made up and the like... It was sooo much easier just to pick up the phone, tell Bill what I wanted, hand over my credit card details and hang up the phone... 8) :wink:

Also, it for any weird reason it doesn't fit properly, I've got some come-back to him as it's specced for my car from his company, rather than bits from other dealers who'll just look at you in a funny way... :roll: :lol:

Well if everyone had so lazy asses then everyone would go for the expensiviest stuff ever.. just phone everywhere... for me as a student 100 bucks here or there is pretty much ... So pay someone more then I know I can get somewhere for less is stupid.. I dont say now that the BILL guy is expensive... or anything I just mean I rather go to the dealer and save some bucks

//Norbert

he's saying, whats the point of being lazy and spending an extra 100 quid, when you can phone around a few places and get them cheaper.?

good point, not so well presented.

:lol:

Supercharged, yeah i know the feelin :lol:

Bournemouth 20VT James, i think i heard you can get them for about 30. best thing to do actually, is to get them from a biker place. its braided hoses, with any length or connection and instead of being bare braid, which can pick up road dirt and corrode and break i heard, they are insulated, so look like normal hoses.

hth

This might sound like a silly question (I've set myself up right there :lol: ), but would you be able to just fit the calipers without fitting the bigger discs?